Anyone else not yet receive season tickets?

jthiegs

Reaction score
Are there any other season ticket-holders who have not yet received their tickets (and ticket for Saturday's scrimmage)? We don't have ours yet. I have been told that the last batch was to have been mailed out on Friday. Anyone else in the same boat? -Joe

I haven't received mine either. :(

Ticket news tidbit from Pioneer Press - good luck to you all!

For those of you that received your season tickets for the Gophers football season, congratulations. For those who haven't, just be patient.

The University of Minnesota Director of Athletic Communications Garry Bowman said all season tickets have been mailed, and if you haven't received them by or close to Saturday's scrimmage, give the ticket office a call at 612 624-8080 or 1-800-UGOPHER. Bowman said if you don't receive them by the scrimmage, the ticket office will find a way to get you inside TCF Bank Stadium.

"We can always come up with tickets," Bowman said. "If that means we have to print special tickets, we can do that."

Bowman said the tickets were mailed out in waves and that the process was laborious, but like other sports, the process was same.

"The biggest part is matching the tickets to the patron," Bowman said.

As for the scrimmage on Saturday, Bowman said it will be a great dry run, and the university hopes for a large crowd between 30,000 to 40,000 people. It will be an opportunity for fans to park in their designated spaces and find their way to their seats and bathrooms. It also will give the university a chance to see if everything is going to work.

"Hopefullly, we'll find some holes and correct them," Bowman said.

Here is the schedule of events for Saturday's scrimmage:

Noon: Parking lots open for tailgating
1 p.m.: Gopher Victory Walk from McNamara Alumni Center plaza to the stadium site at Oak and Unversity
1 p.m.: Stadium gates open for premium seat holders
1:30 p.m.: All gates open
3 p.m.: Maroon and Gold scrimmage
5 p.m.: Tour of TCF Bank Stadium (approximate time)

Thanks, mggoph. Apparently Sam and I are not alone . . . and misery loves company, of course. I'm still hopeful they'll arrive by Friday.

I'm not sure the statement about giving fans an opportunity to park in their designated spaces is entirely correct, as people at the U with contract parking will be able to use their regular contract parking spots on 8/22 but not on actual game days (I know because I am one of those people who has a University Avenue Ramp contract and plans to use it this Saturday but won't be able to the rest of the season). However, I imagine it probably is correct that season ticket-holders with gameday parking passes should be able to park in their assigned lots or ramps on a space-available basis.

On another happy note, the bowl game banners went up today along the top of the NW side of the stadium bowl.

-Joe

just got mine today, not sure why I noticed this, but for each game they pick out a position and have a small picture of all the Gopher greats. For the RBs, Barber III isn't on there, I found that kind of odd (Joesting, Smith, McNamara, Barber Jr, Thompson, Maroney). Not saying anything about the amazing 6 that are on there, but III clearly should be included in that company and is always nice to pat the ego of guys like him who can help the program (not that its a big deal at all, but I'm sure his fam will get their tiks and think the same thing)

just got mine today, not sure why I noticed this, but for each game they pick out a position and have a small picture of all the Gopher greats. For the RBs, Barber III isn't on there, I found that kind of odd (Joesting, Smith, McNamara, Barber Jr, Thompson, Maroney). Not saying anything about the amazing 6 that are on there, but III clearly should be included in that company and is always nice to pat the ego of guys like him who can help the program (not that its a big deal at all, but I'm sure his fam will get their tiks and think the same thing)

I'm not sure about this, but is it possible that all the others were first team all americans and MB3 wasn't? I'm sure someone on this board has the answer to that.

Update: Tickets Arrived

The tickets arrived yesterday. The envelope was shredded (opened end-to-end!) and was a little wet, but I think the contents made it more or less intact so I am happy. :) -Joe

Mine came in the mail today...woohoo!

Congrats jtheigs and sam. Kinda like having an new kid, eh? Hope you can make it Saturday!

does anyone know about student tickets...when we can pick those up?

does anyone know about student tickets...when we can pick those up?

There is a viewing party at the stadium for the Sept 5 game against Syracuse. You can get your tickets there or anytime after. This is according to the ticket office last week.

Top Bottom