Anyone else not having any fun?

UofM Fan

Reaction score
Has anyone else just about lost their ability to cheer for the Gophers without pessimistically thinking there is no way they are going to pull off the win.

I've been a diehard fan since I was 6 and spent my four years at the U watching Monson's worst years. I enjoyed being a fan even when we had Kris Humphries and his dad were running the team into the ground.

This year, however, I am not having any fun. Our team is inconsistent, underachieving, brutally non-clutch (besides one westbrook jumpshot), displays no/little toughness or leadership, and as of late seem to lack effort.

I mean I just watched a guy name Luka mirkovich destroy us to take a game to overtime. Ralph Sampson should be eating this guy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack.

Anyways, not sure where i am going with this but I needed to get my anger off my chest.

These guys just find ways to lose games. It's what they do and they do it well.

Blow a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to play. This does occur time after time. As soon as i saw it go from 50-40 to 52-48 in a matter of 2 minutes I knew it was over. This team cannot defend a three point shot to save their lives. Monson round 2!

Only going to get worse next year. We are losing 2 of our top 3 or 4 and bringing in two non-descript recruits along with a last minute JC guy that will be way to over hyped.

B-ball team underachieving. Football team fumbles away a potential bowl victory. Vikings throw away the NFC Championship. T-Wolves are free-falling. Wild is mediocre. ugg. baa.... what else can go wrong?

I feel better now.

At least with the hockey team you figure they are going to lose....these guys tease you for a bit and then throw it all in your face...

Only going to get worse next year. We are losing 2 of our top 3 or 4 and bringing in two non-descript recruits along with a last minute JC guy that will be way to over hyped.

Okay now be honest, you read Doogie's blog today didn't you? :p;)

I can't wait for Twins baseball...Lots of hype!! Let's just hope they don't have all this hype and end up finishing in last place like the 08 Tigers.

B-ball team underachieving. Football team fumbles away a potential bowl victory. Vikings throw away the NFC Championship. T-Wolves are free-falling. Wild is mediocre. ugg. baa.... what else can go wrong?

I feel better now.

Well, the Twins should be pretty darn good this year. But with the way things are going, something will probably screw that up as well.

No I didnt read it, but I will now. I have been saying for weeks that this thing is really going to bottom out. I would expect us to be in the bottom 3 or 4 of the big ten next year. We will not play anybody at home again in the non-conf to get a true test. Unless we are in a tournament we will probably play one nuetral court game against a good team. The 9th highest paid coach in the country has proven only two things to me thus far. He will not play any good non-conf games at home, and he has a keen ability to lose double digit leads in the second half.

No I didnt read it, but I will now. I have been saying for weeks that this thing is really going to bottom out. I would expect us to be in the bottom 3 or 4 of the big ten next year. We will not play anybody at home again in the non-conf to get a true test. Unless we are in a tournament we will probably play one nuetral court game against a good team. The 9th highest paid coach in the country has proven only two things to me thus far. He will not play any good non-conf games at home, and he has a keen ability to lose double digit leads in the second half.

I was just funnin' with ya a bit on the whole Doogie blog. Seems you and he have a similar viewpoint.

Thats scary then. I am pretty new coming on here but back when I use to frequent KFAN I would laugh at a lot of his takes. Not only that but I have a bunch of friends that did and currently work for Clear Channel and they use to tell me some stories about him. Nothing too bad, just how over the top he was and his efforts when he laces up the sneakers. (Or lack there of)

Tough team to like

This team is not a very likable bunch. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a team since Clem started. They don't hustle, they aren't 'gutty', they complain, they underachieve, the get in trouble, they don't get good enough grades, etc., etc. Combined with the lack of atmosphere in Williams due to a crappy marketing dept. and extremely light non-conference scheduling, I'm guessing lots of season ticket holders drop off next season.

Top Bottom