Anyone else happen to notice.....

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
That Tubby was not shown on the big-screen at football games all season? It's not a huge deal, but I definitely remember that he always goes to as many football games as he possibly can, by his own admission.... even going back to his days at Kentucky.

They had a shot of him nearly every game last year at the dome, but this year I did not see him. It always gave the crowd a shot of energy to see him there supporting the team. By the way, I would be much more inspired to "Get Energized!!" if Tubby told me to, rather than The Cenex Guy.

Was he not at the games? or did they just never show him? Most everyone seems to love him, and having his presence felt at the football games would at the very least show good faith by a guy who is widely respected.

I saw him at multiple games and getting ovations from the crowd.

That Tubby was not shown on the big-screen at football games all season? It's not a huge deal, but I definitely remember that he always goes to as many football games as he possibly can, by his own admission.... even going back to his days at Kentucky.

They had a shot of him nearly every game last year at the dome, but this year I did not see him. It always gave the crowd a shot of energy to see him there supporting the team. By the way, I would be much more inspired to "Get Energized!!" if Tubby told me to, rather than The Cenex Guy.

Was he not at the games? or did they just never show him? Most everyone seems to love him, and having his presence felt at the football games would at the very least show good faith by a guy who is widely respected.

I'd bet he made almost every game, I saw him at at least 3, and I don't sit near him.

Hmmm... Maybe I just missed him is all. Do you fellas mean that he was on the big screen, or you just saw him around?

I sat directly in front of him at the Wisconsin game and he stayed til the bitter end...and I do mean bitter.

I saw him at multiple games and getting ovations from the crowd.

+1

I saw him sitting at one game and everybody around him stood up and gave him a standing ovation. I saw him walking through a crowd near the student section and he was like a rock star as everybody was pointing and clapping as he passed. He was smiling and high fived some kids.

Its great to have a coach that everybody loves.

Top Bottom