Anyone but Brad Childress for our next coach

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
My gawd, the end of the first half was straight out of Glen Mason's play book. I forgot how agonizing it is to watch gutless coaches.

To be fair though, they did take a deep shot and if Moss doesnt have the offensive pass interference penalty, we at least get 3 points out of it.

Did moss interfere though? Garbage call.

But yeah, I instantly thought of Mason and Brew when I saw Childress just give up.

And don't even get me started on the lack of pressure beyond the front 4. Im going to throw up now.

Did moss interfere though? Garbage call.

But yeah, I instantly thought of Mason and Brew when I saw Childress just give up.

And don't even get me started on the lack of pressure beyond the front 4. Im going to throw up now.

Look where it got us against NW at the dome. Brew took a lot of chances, mostly trying 4th down conversions because we couldn't get it done on 3rd, but still he wasn't THAT conservative.

That call reminded me of the NFC Championship game in '99 (it was the 98 season but the actual date of the game was in '99).. When Denny Green sat on the ball right before halftime with THE highest scoring offense in the league at that time.

Loved seeing both Favre and Moss pissed about that.

Hated seeing them lose.

That call reminded me of the NFC Championship game in '99 (it was the 98 season but the actual date of the game was in '99).. When Denny Green sat on the ball right before halftime with THE highest scoring offense in the league at that time.

Loved seeing both Favre and Moss pissed about that.

Hated seeing them lose.

Actually you have it wrong Formo. Denny went for the juglar at the end of the half and Randall Cunningham was strip sacked by Chuck Smith and Atlanta scored a quick TD right before the end of the half. Then, at the end of regulation Denny famously took a knee.

That being said, I agree with you. It was gutless to not try and score last night before the end of the half.

Actually you have it wrong Formo. Denny went for the juglar at the end of the half and Randall Cunningham was strip sacked by Chuck Smith and Atlanta scored a quick TD right before the end of the half. Then, at the end of regulation Denny famously took a knee.

That being said, I agree with you. It was gutless to not try and score last night before the end of the half.

My memory failed me. But my point still stands.. It still reminds me of Denny's failure to go for it at the end of regulation (I knew it was at an end of a half, I get that much credit, right?)

Top Bottom