Anybody just see Dick Vitale??

Gold Rush

Reaction score
Dickie V. was going on about how bad it was that St. Mary's didn't make it into the NCAA Tournament. Bilas says it was because they didn't go out and play anybody and had a weak non-conference schedule with no major wins. Vitale said he totally disagreed and threw his hands up in their air -- it was pretty funny. Bilas seemed to enjoy the fact that he got Vitale all bent out of shape.

I though poor Dick was going to have a heart attack.

Dick does this same rant every year. He'll pick 1 or 2 mid-majors that didn't make it, and then go on about 5 minutes on how big of a tragedy it is.

Never A Problem With Me - Every Time DV

Comes on I hit mute, or switch the channel.

Dick does this same rant every year. He'll pick 1 or 2 mid-majors that didn't make it, and then go on about 5 minutes on how big of a tragedy it is.

It's a good act, for a while at least....then it just grows very old.

Now Digger Phelps talk about Minnesota and said he not sure if they have enough to beat Texas. blah blah blah.

Now Digger Phelps talk about Minnesota and said he not sure if they have enough to beat Texas. blah blah blah.

This shouldn't be surprising. He's been saying for months now that the Big Ten doesn't have enough of this and enough of that. Not enough offense, not enough defense, not enough good athletes, not enough good teams. Effectively, the phrase "not enough" is his reboot phrase when it comes to looking at the Big Ten.

We'll just have to see on Thursday.

Off the top of my head, it seems like Texas is a tough draw at the 7 seed.

I think there is nothing better for us, than for Digger and co. to say that we dont match up well with them, etc. Let them keep saying that stuff as much as possible. What would be even better for the gophs, is if ESPN, CBS guys start talking about Texas as a potential sleeper to the sweet 16, elite 8. That usually proves to be a curse.

Also, I liked how Dickie V. complains about mid-majors then picks every No. 1 seed to make the Final Four. Real insightful and tough picks...most people who don't even follow Basketball would pick the No. 1 seeds.

Top Bottom