Anybody else have Dish Network?

I got an email from BTN warning of this. This sometimes is a negotiation between parties and is settled just in time.
Living in the country, we have relied on satilite TV for about 15 years. We have had them all, echo star, direct, and dish. We currently have Direct and could not be happier with the reception, picture quality, HD programing, and DVR. I don't know if Dish carries CBS Sports Network the channel broadcasting the Gophers at UNLV.

Our package includes CBS Sports Network.

Called Dish and they said they had no plans to pull the BTN. They said they would still be carrying it after September 1. Then will watching the Twins on FSN saw the crawl about the impending loss of BTN on Dish. Now Fox owns FSN, DirectTV and half of the BTN. Wonder where this is going?

I've been a happy DirecTV customer dating back to the mid 90's or so.

If you're a fan of "Breaking Bad" on AMC, they've been running promos announcing that "Breaking Bad - Not Available on Dish Network."

I have a friend who works with a municipal tele-comm company. He says the negotations with these providers is getting tougher every year. All the popular channels want big increases every year, forcing the cable companies or satellite providers to either eat the increase, or raise their rates to subscribers. And, the popular channels also want the cable companies to "bundle" their programming - i.e., if you want Channel A, you have to agree to also carry channels B, C and D that nobody gives a bleep about. I think the vast majority of cable customers would prefer some type of "ala carte" system, where you only paid for the channels you wanted, but the Cable companies will fight that to the death.

I read an article recently where the average american household spends around $83 per mo for tv service. They estimate that amount to be around $125 by 2015. Those numbers might be a little bit off but are very close.

Also said the sports channels are the most expensive to carry, and though the sports viewers are in the minority they are the most vocal.

Gopher Dish fans better switch to DirectTV....or pay up the butt for Xfinity.

Top Bottom