Any word on the recruits in town at the game?

Glove371

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything or see the recruits at the game? I know its a little early considering the game just ended a few hours ago, but I'm completely looking towards the future now and more interested in future prospects than dwelling on this forgettable season.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I read an article on Henry Brooks prior to his Minnesota visit where he was quoted as being interested in style of play and academics. Since that time, Henry has received an offer from Bruce Pearl who offers a much more appealing style of play. I would guess that Tennessee is now the favorite for Henry. I hope I am wrong with that assumption.

The only word that came out on Welch was that he was thinking strongly of committing if his visit went well this weekend, but that his parents wanted him to take a second visit to have something to compare Minnesota to. According to Marcus' or Myron's twitter that second visit would likely be to Utah.

Tennessee is clearly a superior academic institution and absolutely no questions marks surrounding who will be their coach next season.

Tennessee is a "superior academic institution?" Not sure where you are getting that from. US News and World Report has U of M at #64, Tennessee at #104.

Unfortunately so many posters are so high strung that legitimate sarcasm goes right over their heads.

Unfortunately so many posters are so high strung that legitimate sarcasm goes right over their heads.

LOL...I have found it easier to both ignore the trolls and those posters that are too stupid to know the difference between there and thier.

Philly...we need to be PC here in this day and age. Instead of stupid, we should be using the term "intellectually impaired".

Marcus tweet:

"Last I heard from Julian Welch tonight he hadn't made a decision yet. He'll probably talk to parents about taking one more visit or not."

Go Gophers!!

Probably not what you want to hear, but I read an article on Henry Brooks prior to his Minnesota visit where he was quoted as being interested in style of play and academics. Since that time, Henry has received an offer from Bruce Pearl who offers a much more appealing style of play. I would guess that Tennessee is now the favorite for Henry. I hope I am wrong with that assumption.

The only word that came out on Welch was that he was thinking strongly of committing if his visit went well this weekend, but that his parents wanted him to take a second visit to have something to compare Minnesota to. According to Marcus' or Myron's twitter that second visit would likely be to Utah.

Could be (Tennessee). They scored 58 points yesterday on their way to their 8th homecourt L and 18-13 record yesterday.

No idea about their academics. Bruce Pearl may be replaced as head coach. Hard to say.

There doesn't seem to be a wealth of information on the visits yesterday but I saw this tweet from Ryan James

Just noticed Henry Brooks is on crutches

Any info out there about him being hurt?

He was injured early in his last game.

Top Bottom