Any thoughts on the 2nd row "obstructed view"

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
These seats look prime. I've looked at the picture and checked out the 3-D images, and I just don't see that little railing affecting the view in the 2nd row. If this is the case, us waiting list people had the opportunity to get some unreal seats (compared with being in row 30 or something).

Anyone have thoughts or have been on a tour and seen these seats?

I don't know whether this is considered "obstructed view," but being in the second row means you won't see some action on the near side of the field, as it will be obstructed by the players on the sideline. After having seats in row 11 at the Dome my first couple of years in the student section, I vowed to never go further down than that. But given what limited seats remain at this point, that might be better than the alternative.

The camera for the 3-D images is an estimate of the view for about 8 rows taken from the middle of the section. The view that you see online is not necessarily the same as what you will see at the stadium as they don't have a video for every individual seat/row.

Sorry, I wish I could give you a better answer about the amount of obstruction.

As I see it the way to solve the problem is to stand for the entire game and make the people behind you stand too. :)

I don't know whether this is considered "obstructed view," but being in the second row means you won't see some action on the near side of the field, as it will be obstructed by the players on the sideline. After having seats in row 11 at the Dome my first couple of years in the student section, I vowed to never go further down than that. But given what limited seats remain at this point, that might be better than the alternative.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm talking about the second row in the upper deck.

The railings are going to be quite bothersome. In many cases you're going to be looking through two or more sets of railings to see the far end of the field. I am surprised they are being offered at this time. I certainly wouldn't want to have to look through them for an entire season.

But then if your one of those guys that has a fascination with standing the whole game the railings wouldn't be an issue at all.

I'd rather you bought them than some cheesehead alcoholic from Sheboygan which will happen if they are sold on a game by game basis.

I can't say how bothersome the obstruction(s) will be at TCF, but several years ago I received obstucted view seats from the Gopher Ticket office for a game at Camp Randall. We were in the second row of the second level with the railing in front of us. I found it to be a minor annoyance 20% of the time and no factor at all 80% of the time. I wouldn't want to have to deal with it every game, but if you think that the location (compared to the other available choices now) is significantly better, I'd certainly consider it.

Top Bottom