Any shot at Rose Bowl?

From a marketing standpoint, the Gophers are a pretty compelling case. Coach of the year, receiver and defensive back of the year. Two thousand yard receivers. PJ draws attention. The records remain close for WI, PSU and MN - each has 10 wins. So the Rose Bowl certainly could choose MN and it wouldn’t take much defending: “Tough choice, three great teams to choose from. Ultimately, we choose MN for being co-champs of the West and the energy and excitement that they have brought to MN and college football. We are excited to have MN and their coach of the year and all big ten receivers.” But then I noticed that the Rose Bowl is sponsored by Northwestern Mutual - a Wisconsin based company. If the head sponsor has any role in the selection, I’d guess the decision is made. I for one will make an appointment with a NWML agent if the Gophers are picked. Quid pro quo.

The last time Rose Bowl dipped down the rankings they took Illinois about 12 years ago and it didn't work out well. It think its going to be Penn State when all is said and done

Top Bottom