Any potential position changes?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
In years past, we've stumbled across a couple of position changes that happened during bowl season. Can we expect any this year?

Our Gophers are pretty thin at quarterback, but after observing Steveler, I wish he could see the field more often. He was tough as nails at quarterback this year, and dished out punishment when being tackled. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he can be an accurate passer and make good decisions.

Do you think Streveler will stay at quarterback his entire career at the U of M? He's tough and muscular. He is intriguing at many positions including linebacker, safety, wide receiver, and possibly a fullback or tight end. But, if quarterback is his best position, so be it. I just don't like the idea of good football players standing next to the coaches with a clipboard.

In years past, we've stumbled across a couple of position changes that happened during bowl season. Can we expect any this year? Our Gophers are pretty thin at quarterback, but after observing Steveler, I wish he could see the field more often. He was tough as nails at quarterback this year, and dished out punishment when being tackled. I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he can be an accurate passer and make good decisions. Do you think Streveler will stay at quarterback his entire career at the U of M? He's tough and muscular. He is intriguing at many positions including linebacker, safety, wide receiver, and possibly a fullback or tight end. But, if quarterback is his best position, so be it. I just don't like the idea of good football players standing next to the coaches with a clipboard.

We can not keep having freshman with 0 experience as the only backup QBs.

I still wonder about our WR class this year (Gibson included, not sure if he's a TE/WR/H-back). I think it's safe to say Holland and Gentry will be WR's. Will all 3 of Krizancic, Gant, and Gibson stay on offense? I'd say it's likely but I wouldn't be surprised if someone is switched.

I hope Gibson stays on offense I think he could be a big weapon. I'm excited about the WR's next year.

Only one that I'm aware of:

Norwood Teague from AD to Bernie Madoff.

Streaker can't throw so he will most certainly stay at QB.

I wonder if there is any chance that Drew Wolitarsky moves from WR to TE. At 6'3", 226, he seems to be outgrowing the WR spot, couple that with Maxx entering the draft and a solid group of freshmen pushing for time at WR it would seem like a move that would make some sense.

I wonder if there is any chance that Drew Wolitarsky moves from WR to TE. At 6'3", 226, he seems to be outgrowing the WR spot, couple that with Maxx entering the draft and a solid group of freshmen pushing for time at WR it would seem like a move that would make some sense.

Too small for our TE position.

I appreciate your point but I don't believe 6'3", 226 lbs. is anywhere near being "too big" for a wide receiver. With the right frame that is a very good weight for a WR.:confused:

Streveler is interesting because he is such a good athlete. It really depends upon how comfortable the staff is with Perra and/or DRM next season. That said, this staff does have a history of using a backup QB as purely a "wildcat" type option to run from the QB spot and keep hits off Leidner. I would guess Streveler stays at QB, but S is a possibility.

Wolitarksy isn't going anywhere. Even with the three FR emerging in practice, there is more depth at TE with or without Maxx. Duke will be a good player for us, Lingen has impressed and people are raving about Scarver. I haven't even mentioned Plsek and Wozniak. We need Drew to be healthy next season and become that big-bodied possession WR that we hoped he'd become.

I think Stetler moves to DT permanently.

Lynn could move back inside. I really like our LBers next season, but I'm not entirely sure how it all shakes out. I thought Williams was impressive against Iowa. There was talk that Poock was our best LBer before he got injured. Celestin and Laster also had impressive moments.

Laster could move to DE. He has good size and he looks pretty comfortable rushing the passer

Confirmed that Donovahn Jones has been switched to "left out"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Streveler is interesting because he is such a good athlete. It really depends upon how comfortable the staff is with Perra and/or DRM next season. That said, this staff does have a history of using a backup QB as purely a "wildcat" type option to run from the QB spot and keep hits off Leidner. I would guess Streveler stays at QB, but S is a possibility.

Wolitarksy isn't going anywhere. Even with the three FR emerging in practice, there is more depth at TE with or without Maxx. Duke will be a good player for us, Lingen has impressed and people are raving about Scarver. I haven't even mentioned Plsek and Wozniak. We need Drew to be healthy next season and become that big-bodied possession WR that we hoped he'd become.

I think Stetler moves to DT permanently.

Lynn could move back inside. I really like our LBers next season, but I'm not entirely sure how it all shakes out. I thought Williams was impressive against Iowa. There was talk that Poock was our best LBer before he got injured. Celestin and Laster also had impressive moments.

Laster could move to DE. He has good size and he looks pretty comfortable rushing the passer

I am almost certain Lynn will play MLB next year.

At 6-4, 240 I'm almost shocked no one has nominated Leidner to fill Max's shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom