Any other Gophs fans in Europe? I’m struggling with the time difference

TheNorthernAmir

Reaction score
This will be my first college football season while living in a European time zone. I feel like a ship lost at sea, I need some words of encouragement. Or a beer.

Been there, it’s rough. The second year I season tickets I ended up moving to London for grad school and missed the season. I spent plenty of time walking in parks listening to KFAN on iHeart radio or using a VPN to stream games when I could.

Staying active on here helped a lot as well.

I have to also imaged there are legal and legitimate ways to stream the games overseas, too.

I have to also imaged there are legal and legitimate ways to stream the games overseas, too.

Lol, you can't even view the Big Ten website from Europe, they have it geoblocked.

I've been living in the Netherlands for 5 years, we get the national ABC games on ESPN4 on my tv. Otherwise streaming has been pretty much locked out -- I imagine they're concerned with Americans VPN'ing to Europe to escape the insane cable fees.

Sportsurge was the one/only way that I was able to watch games in Germany. Some people I knew swore certain ISPs had American affiliations that allowed you to VPN/stream into BTN/ESPN type channels but I never figured it out or paid that type of money for it. I’ve also heard that using googleFi for internet/cellular gives you more freedom but I don’t know for sure about that.

Otherwise try and work/study on the night shift lifestyle. It’s either that or wait for someone to upload the games to YT.

There usually are those 20min long cut-ups of of the games that get uploaded to YouTube. There are a couple different accounts that have them. I think one is called Matthew Loves Ball or something along those lines.

Top Bottom