Any Of You That Don't Know The Gophers Will Finish 7-5...

But I thought we were supposed to be in the Rose Bowl by now?!?! The same people that argued that Mason should be fired have, in order to justify their own stupidity, have developed this patience argument all of a sudden. Guess what? Next year isn't going to any better either - 6-6.

5 days til a ton of people on this thread look like idiots and go back into their depressing caves.

I just can't wait to be right. It feels oh so goooood.

Also, we aren't playing the array of cooking schools that Mason scheduled year in and year out. Some of Mason's teams would have been lucky to go 2-2 vs. this year's OOC slate.

Seriously, I don't feel that records mean a whole lot in this situation. The Iowa beat-down last fall put the microscope on Brewster and we haven't put together an impressive win yet and have failed to answer the bell and at least compete with Wisconsin, Ohio State, or Penn State. We did compete for a while with Cal. I'd feel better with a 5-7 record if we played tougher against those teams than I will with a 6-6 and beating SDSU and Illinois and getting blasted by Iowa again.

I love how people throw wisconsin in their as a team we havent competed with. Average scoring difference is less than a TD average in brewster era (4.3 point difference). We haven't won yet, i know, but not competing is a gross mis-statement.

At least in year ten Brewster won't be saying 'it is a rebuilding year' like Mason did! Settle down silver spoon babies and let Brewster build a decimated program up.

Third, he may be equaling Mason's records so far, but his schedule is MUCH harder, so the team is obviously BETTER, and is getting more national attention.

More national attention? Right.....I just read on ESPN.com that we were No. 3 on Mark Schlabach top five list of "Off the Mark: Defenseless" for our performance against Ohio State. Then I read in last week's Forde Yard Dash by Pat Forde that we ran the fewest number of plays in college football. Don't forget the OSU flagship station analyzing the reasons why OSU fans left early....playing a crappy team in crappy weather. Don't forget all the Cal fans predicting they were in trouble against Oregon when their team was tied in the fourth quarter against Minnesota.

You can't buy pub like that.

Also...per the "harder" schedule....Minnesota will play four ranked teams this season....just like Mase's teams did in 2005 and 2006.

At least in year ten Brewster won't be saying 'it is a rebuilding year' like Mason did! Settle down silver spoon babies and let Brewster build a decimated program up.

Assuming he even makes it to "Year 10".......

More national attention? Right.....I just read on ESPN.com that we were No. 3 on Mark Schlabach top five list of "Off the Mark: Defenseless" for our performance against Ohio State. Then I read in last week's Forde Yard Dash by Pat Forde that we ran the fewest number of plays in college football. Don't forget the OSU flagship station analyzing the reasons why OSU fans left early....playing a crappy team in crappy weather. Don't forget all the Cal fans predicting they were in trouble against Oregon when their team was tied in the fourth quarter against Minnesota.

You can't buy pub like that.

Also...per the "harder" schedule....Minnesota will play four ranked teams this season....just like Mase's teams did in 2005 and 2006.

People on this board don't like facts.......

I don't think we'll be 7-4 going into Iowa City.

I would be happy were that the case though.

4 days.

Nothing like a quality win to make people breath through their noses.

Then I'd be wrong and this board would continue its recent suckiness.

Good thing I'm rarely wrong.

Okay, bud. 7-5 is 7-5.

I guarantee you would have taken that in September.
I’ve always hated the phrase that goes something like this, “If someone told you at the beginning of the season that the Gophers would go 7-5, you’d take it.” It is the most single misleading statement ever. It is used to mask negativity that is dripping from results that are mostly disappointing. That’s like saying, “If someone told you that you would be a millionaire by the time you were 30, you’d take it.” Well what if you won the $100,000,000 lottery 7 days before your 30th birthday, and died 6 days later? Would you still take that?

I can only think of 2 scenarios where a 7-5 record would be satisfying. A victory at Iowa would be definitely satisfying. Or, a loss to Iowa without getting blown out, and a bowl victory to finish 8-5 would be somewhat satisfying. Other than that, the 2 blowout losses to PSU and OSU combined with the home loss to Wisconsin tarnishes any 7-5 finish we may or may not acheive. Unfortunately, I don't have your confidence in the Gophers finishing 7-5. I hope you're right though.

7-5 would be fine with a 14 point loss against Cal, 3 point loss against Wisconsin.......

But 20-0 against PSU? 38-7 against OSU? Unacceptable.......

you have to be the most moronic person ever on this board. if the "mase" went 7-5 with the performances against PSU & OSU you would be saying "mase" did more with this team then he should have based on the talent level.

you have to be the most moronic person ever on this board. if the "mase" went 7-5 with the performances against PSU & OSU you would be saying "mase" did more with this team then he should have based on the talent level.
It is possible to dislike both Mason and Brewster.

So you're still satisfied with being mediocre? Ok...that's fine...I just thought that was why we got rid of Mason...maybe I was wrong.......

It is possible to dislike both Mason and Brewster.

i can't disagree with that but theilleagle's posts more then once seem to indicate he would rather go back to the mason days. the days in fact he has said himnself were medicore.

it has been 3 years under brewster and more time is needed, not what people like to hear, but still the same more time is needed.

i am not saying brewster is better or will be better than mason but show some patience. this program hasn't been relevant for 40 years.

what it seems as far as recruiting, acknowledging that you need to play defense and the overall selling of the program brewster is light years ahead in year 3 then mason was in all of his years.

i can't disagree with that but theilleagle's posts more then once seem to indicate he would rather go back to the mason days. the days in fact he has said himnself were medicore.

it has been 3 years under brewster and more time is needed, not what people like to hear, but still the same more time is needed.

i am not saying brewster is better or will be better than mason but show some patience. this program hasn't been relevant for 40 years.

what it seems as far as recruiting, acknowledging that you need to play defense and the overall selling of the program brewster is light years ahead in year 3 then mason was in all of his years.

Would rather go back to the Mason days? LOL...it's amazing how you came to that conclusion from that statement. You're reaching, calm down and have a Snickers.......

Maybe YOU miss Mason.......

Would rather go back to the Mason days? LOL...it's amazing how you came to that conclusion from that statement. You're reaching, calm down and have a Snickers.......

Maybe YOU miss Mason.......

don't miss mason at all. thought he was fired 3 years too late. besides it is not just this one statement I am drawing a conlcusion from. it is your whole tone on this board. others see it to as there is a whole thread calling you out.

don't miss mason at all. thought he was fired 3 years too late. besides it is not just this one statement I am drawing a conlcusion from. it is your whole tone on this board. others see it to as there is a whole thread calling you out.

So you've been here since March & think you know 3 or 4 years worth of my posting? Stop it........

Put me on Ignore, it really is THAT easy... :D

Haters, you don't know how good it feels to bump this one to the top.

Take your medicine like gentlemen now, please.

Those that had faith...much respect due.

Someone had to win that one. Next week will be interesting

Okay, fair enough. Can you chill on the negative sh*t for this week, then?

Honestly, the roller coaster ride is entertaining- it's fun. I can't stand Brewster and think he's in over his head, but he's upgraded the talent. They are going to get pounded and look like a JUCO team and then they are going to win when they have no business winning because they've got guys who can make big plays.

Top Bottom