Any Of You That Don't Know The Gophers Will Finish 7-5...

WriterGoph

Reaction score
are off your rockers.

It's not even going out on a limb to say 7-5. It's what will happen.

The only way I'll be wrong is if they end up beating Iowa too.

I just can't wait til next week to see what all the "Fire Brewster" people find to do with their idle time -- because they surely won't be here posting positively. Think of it as a kind of "mute button."

6 days til silence from you lot.

7-5 would be fine with a 14 point loss against Cal, 3 point loss against Wisconsin.......

But 20-0 against PSU? 38-7 against OSU? Unacceptable.......

Okay, bud. 7-5 is 7-5.

I guarantee you would have taken that in September.

are off your rockers.

I just can't wait til next week to see what all the "Fire Brewster" people find to do with their idle time -- because they surely won't be here posting positively. Think of it as a kind of "mute button."

Beating Michigan State is going to be tough. SDSU is no pushover either. They are one of the best teams in Division I-AA. I think Minnesota will win, but it won't be a HUGE blowout or anything like that.

Also, is Cal a bad team now??

Last I checked they were 5-2 and both those losses came to Top 10 teams.

Okay, bud. 7-5 is 7-5.

I guarantee you would have taken that in September.

Mason did 7-5 time after time and people were fed up with Mediocrity & now the same fans are accepting it...that's my issue.......

Brewster wasn't an upgrade to Mason at all.......

I doubt we'll beat MSU, unless Decker is healthy and Gray sees a few series as QB (who more than runs).

6-6 is realistic. 7-5 is possible. Both are bowl-worthy, but as thailleagle said -- the PSU/OSU losses were too lopsided and therefore unacceptable.

I guess we'll see what you're saying when we head to Iowa City at 7-4.

Mason did 7-5 time after time and people were fed up with Mediocrity & now the same fans are accepting it...that's my issue.......

Brewster wasn't an upgrade to Mason at all.......

First off, let the man get his own players in before you hold him to a standard (especially since some were recruited for an offensive scheme we no longer use).

Second, he's way more likable than Mason, brings in way better recruits, and appears to be more than a coach to these players.

Third, he may be equaling Mason's records so far, but his schedule is MUCH harder, so the team is obviously BETTER, and is getting more national attention.

Give the man some time. The last two losses were bad, but he's still improving overall.

First off, let the man get his own players in before you hold him to a standard (especially since some were recruited for an offensive scheme we no longer use).

Second, he's way more likable than Mason, brings in way better recruits, and appears to be more than a coach to these players.

Third, he may be equaling Mason's records so far, but his schedule is MUCH harder, so the team is obviously BETTER, and is getting more national attention.

Give the man some time. The last two losses were bad, but he's still improving overall.

+1.

+1. I would only add that under Mason we would finish 7 - 5 after playing all of our non conference games against directional schools. A 7 - 5 record from Brew's schedule is a lot different taking Mason's scheduling into account.

How so when they would've beaten the same teams? My whole point is Brewster so far has not shown to be an upgrade over Mason.......

I don't see a difference...beat the teams you're supposed to...lose to middle of the road teams & get destroyed by the good teams.......

What's changed? Really? Less Offensive Production? More Defensive Production? Same Results though? What's changed...really?

+2

are off your rockers.

you may be right, and I hope you are. However, to me, it was not losing the last two games, it was HOW we lost, that was the most discouraging. We lost the way poor team always lose, they shoot themselves in the foot, unforced penalties, turnovers, mouthing off, we looked like a very poorly coached team, and that is a fact!

How so when they would've beaten the same teams? My whole point is Brewster so far has not shown to be an upgrade over Mason.......

I don't see a difference...beat the teams you're supposed to...lose to middle of the road teams & get destroyed by the good teams.......

What's changed? Really? Less Offensive Production? More Defensive Production? Same Results though? What's changed...really?

I think the point is, right now everything is equal, but Brewster is selling the program better, recruiting better, emphasizing defense more, and getting things set up for the future better.

Also as far as the penalties go, the Stoudemire interference, Simmons interference, Small late hit, were all judgement calls and IMO shouldn't have been called.

you may be right, and I hope you are. However, to me, it was not losing the last two games, it was HOW we lost, that was the most discouraging. We lost the way poor team always lose, they shoot themselves in the foot, unforced penalties, turnovers, mouthing off, we looked like a very poorly coached team, and that is a fact!

Good points. It was def a frustrating two weeks, but if we had lost two games by 3 points it would have been the same result. 4-4.

The funny thing is, all the Brew haters would still be posting that Brew is a bad coach and should be fired because he lost two close games.

If the score to the OSU game would've been along the lines of...let's say...17-14 (sound familiar?) then there would be reason for optimism just as there was after a hard fought Cal loss...

...But NO...the score was 38-7...worse then last year when we were a worse team and OSU was better.......

Great. The record is the same. Focus is on MSU.

Move on.

Great. The record is the same. Focus is on MSU.

Move on.

Then why were people bringing up that Mason lost 44-0 his last year as HC instead of saying he lost as well? Iowa's 55-0 blowout over us meant a lot more then a simple 3 or 4 point loss and if you can't see why then I feel sorry for you.......

I predicted 7-5 before the season started and it is possible if we beat Michigan State next week but your acting like its a guarantee. Michigan State is gonna be real tough, we will be lucky to win. Do you remember that we have scored 7 points in the last 2 weeks?

It's not even going out on a limb to say 7-5.

Well, I hope you're right, but we'll have to pull off one upset to get to 7 wins. We're a home underdog this weekend (+6.5).

Frankly, if our offense doesn't improve fast, we'll have trouble moving the ball against MSU. That defense had stepped it up the last four weeks. After a slow start, that MSU defense has become really, really good.

I dunno...I don't agree that it's poor coaching. I thought we lost the way that young, inexperienced teams lose (and we ARE a relatively young team, with many true and redshirt freshmen making major contributions): fumble on a kick-off, dropped passes, stupid interference on a fair catch. Did upperclassmen make mistakes? Of course...there were the blown coverages, the Weber turnovers, the consistently bad pass-pro. But to me, a lot of our ills are a direct result of this team's inexperience...not lack of discipline.

I dunno...I don't agree that it's poor coaching. I thought we lost the way that young, inexperienced teams lose (and we ARE a relatively young team, with many true and redshirt freshmen making major contributions): fumble on a kick-off, dropped passes, stupid interference on a fair catch. Did upperclassmen make mistakes? Of course...there were the blown coverages, the Weber turnovers, the consistently bad pass-pro. But to me, a lot of our ills are a direct result of this team's inexperience...not lack of discipline.

Wrong. Coming into this season, the Gophers returned the most experience of any B10 team.

I'm curious if you think that, for example, Jimmy Johnson was a very poor coach when he was at U Miami in the mid-80s? If I recall correctly, he won a NC and consistently had a top-10 team, one that did all of those things you lament above.

Brewster brought ATTITUDE to the team, and I'd rather have them fight than give up. So far, Brewster teams have given up twice: Iowa last year and OSU this year. Mason teams gave up much more often than once a year. So in that respect, I'll take a few dumb penalties if it means the guys haven't quit.

Reality check people! We cannot ignore what is going on here. Heads out of sand, please.

We will be lucky to win one, maybe two more games. 6-6 is the best we can hope for-UNLESS--

everything that has happened the past two weeks reverses itself-
*dumb and way too numerous penalties
*lack of execution-dropped passes, missed tackles, etc
*not getting the better of the opponent on 3rd down, both sides of the ball
*negative turnover margin
*no pass rush
*no running game by our backs
*what else did I miss?

We are regressing in a big, big way. Losing to PSU and OSU is one thing, but losing the way we did is really, really concerning. Rome may not be burning, but the barbarians are nearing the gate.

It pains me to write this, but many of us really need to wake up and smell the sanka.

are off your rockers.

You must be retarded or something. There's no chance we finish at 7-5 or better.

The odds of us finishing 5-7 or worse is much, much greater than the odds of us finishing 7-5 or better. Probably three times as likely. The only way we actually get to seven wins is if MarQueis gets a significant increase in playing time. But I doubt Brewster will actually figure out that #5 will give us the best chance to win football games from this point on in the 2009 season.

Talent disparities can cause many on field problems. The problem is their strengths were against our weakness. It maginified the difference. It's just the way it goes. Deal with it.

The odds of us finishing 5-7 or worse is much, much greater than the odds of us finishing 7-5 or better. Probably three times as likely. The only way we actually get to seven wins is if MarQueis gets a significant increase in playing time. But I doubt Brewster will actually figure out that #5 will give us the best chance to win football games from this point on in the 2009 season.

The sheer number of idiots that show up here (for the first time) in a rough stretch, just to badmouth the team, absolutely blows my mind.

It wouldn't be quite so annoying if the actually made a decent point once in a while.

Top Bottom