Any Interest in Aj Plitzuweit?

With modern medicine knees can come back stronger. Ihnen was reported last year to be better before knee #2. Now with both healthy he may well be even better again. Don’t sleep on Fox. They both got extensive rehab and strength training.

With modern medicine knees can come back stronger. Ihnen was reported last year to be better before knee #2. Now with both healthy he may well be even better again. Don’t sleep on Fox. They both got extensive rehab and strength training.
I don't disagree but am not holding my breath. Did Eric Curry come back stronger from his mutiple injuries? Eric had greater potential than either Ihnen or Fox to begin with. We saw a bit of Ihnen 2 years ago. Not bad but not super impressed. Fox was D2 so I'll be cautiously optimistic.

I don't disagree but am not holding my breath. Did Eric Curry come back stronger from his mutiple injuries? Eric had greater potential than either Ihnen or Fox to begin with. We saw a bit of Ihnen 2 years ago. Not bad but not super impressed. Fox was D2 so I'll be cautiously optimistic.
Fox was D2 but had 30 D1 offers (a lot of P5 offers) when he choose Minnestoa.

I'm not suggesting Fox and Ihnen will become the next coming of Durant and Magic Johnson, but Curry had more injuries and had reconstructive surgery on his knee, which I don't believe either Ihnen or Fox had. Let's hope they can show more "ups" than Curry was able to show, although his grit and courage was amazing.

I'm not suggesting Fox and Ihnen will become the next coming of Durant and Magic Johnson, but Curry had more injuries and had reconstructive surgery on his knee, which I don't believe either Ihnen or Fox had. Let's hope they can show more "ups" than Curry was able to show, although his grit and courage was amazing.
Curry is an awesome person. His surgery success is an outlier. I have no details on his surgeries but zippers are more complicated recoveries to be sure. Many now do not require cutting it wide open.

Fox is tough under the hoop. Maybe the Payne backup we need. Ihnen was written in to be a big time starter last year before the injury. Both potential defensive studs.

Playing the devil's advocate here... Is there a chance Ben doesn't want to go down this road?

Dealing with the players' parents is probably hard enough, but can you imagine a player's parent who has an office down the hall from you that is also getting paid a lot of money to coach basketball?

Imagine if AJ's role turns into Samuel's role, and Ben has to make small talk with Mom at the coffee machine each morning. That could be brutal.

It may be easier to stomach getting fired due to lack of guard depth than being paid a lot of money but stuck in awkward/contentious small talk every day... Decisions...Decisions...
She's a professional basketball coach not a 7th grader's Mom in Lakeville.

I would say his mom being here is not an issue, but a plus for him. He followed her to SD. He would be a nice 1 year addition. Brings experience and effort and is another guard option.
I believe he was still in high school when Dawn got the USD job.

With Brown off the board, I wonder if this is our fall back option for a ball-handler.

Ahh yes option k is back on the board...... If pride stays out east..... I wonder how many will scream get this kid a scholarship

AJ doesn’t qualify without a current knee surgery to rehab.

He is by far the best option we have left. He would add stability and leadership at both guard spots.

If Ben does not adapt and give his recruits minutes, what little depth there is will be gone and we know now we cannot rely on the portal for a quick fix with this coaching staff in place.

Bring in AJ ASAP.

Top Bottom