Any Interest in Aj Plitzuweit?

UnFadeable21

Reaction score

He just entered the portal. Has one season of eligibility left.

40% from the field, 40% from 3 and 88% from free throw.

He would obviously be a back up PG at 6’2. He’s gotta be better than Samuels who had zero ability at all.

Maybe a walk on here. He was South Dakota player of the year and Gatorade Player of the year in SD

He just entered the portal. Has one season of eligibility left.

40% from the field, 40% from 3 and 88% from free throw.

He would obviously be a back up PG at 6’2. He’s gotta be better than Samuels who had zero ability at all.

Maybe a walk on here. He was South Dakota player of the year and Gatorade Player of the year in SD
I would be fine with them offering him, particularly if he has some lateral quickness. One and done and can shoot the ball, which is needed for floor spacing with this roster.

dum-pick-em.gif

I would be fine with them offering him, particularly if he has some lateral quickness. One and done and can shoot the ball, which is needed for floor spacing with this roster.
I believe he has two seasons. One year at Augie, two at USD plus the extra COVID season.

If he is willing to take a reserve role he would seem like a good option as a guy to come in off the bench and drill some 3s or be out there late in games to shoot free throws.

I think pretty much anyone who can shoot would be welcome in this program. If the kid walks on as a mom can afford it player, all the better. My guess is that plenty of other programs can use shooters as well, though.

Doesn't he get to go to school for free because he's the coach's kid? Lots of schools allow children of certain employees to attend for free. He can just walk-in.

The kid will need to call Ben directly. Ben is not really into contacting recruits.

Doesn't he get to go to school for free because he's the coach's kid? Lots of schools allow children of certain employees to attend for free. He can just walk-in.

I checked that and it looks like the U of MN policy offers reduced tuition for children of employees - but the employees must have (I think) 5 years of service to qualify. so answer appears to be no, he can't get in for free.

If we’re starting a team with guys that have long last names that start with the letter P.

My first choice is Jackson Paveletzke

I saw Plitzuweit play in HS and he was very smooth on the court - but that was before the injury.

my question - based on not having seen him play after the injury - is whether he still has the lateral quickness to guard people at a high-major level. with all due respect to the Summit league, playing in the B1G means facing better competition on a nightly basis.

if he can play adequate defense, I'd be fine with the Gophers picking him up.

I saw Plitzuweit play in HS and he was very smooth on the court - but that was before the injury.

my question - based on not having seen him play after the injury - is whether he still has the lateral quickness to guard people at a high-major level. with all due respect to the Summit league, playing in the B1G means facing better competition on a nightly basis.

if he can play adequate defense, I'd be fine with the Gophers picking him up.
Can any of the board’s Summit League aficionados answer SON’s question please?

Txs.

Can any of the board’s Summit League aficionados answer SON’s question please?

Txs.
I guess I noticed more that he didn't have quite the burst taking in to the basket . Lateral quickness is tougher to measure for me. Didn't notice anyone taking advantage of him defensively, but defense never was his greatest strength. He could provide an offensive spark off the bench, and players that do that often don't play great defense. Players that do both well usually start and do not come off the bench.

I checked that and it looks like the U of MN policy offers reduced tuition for children of employees - but the employees must have (I think) 5 years of service to qualify. so answer appears to be no, he can't get in for free.
Nope. No reduced tuition for faculty or staff kids. Only reduced or free for faculty or staff themselves if they meet certain parameters. I.e. first degree, complete with c grade or better and is signed off by supervisor. Please share link to page and we can see what you are referring to.

Sorry, we have to run this by the Minneapolis Spokesman-Recorder and Star-Tribune sports staffs. 🥸

He’d be our best ball handler…and I haven’t even googled a video.

Post injury highlights:
Big brace, but nice stroke.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.....how many times do we talk about our lack of shooting? How many times have guys like the Crispin brothers torched the Gophers? He doesn't need much space to shoot. And, he (hopefully) will be better one more year post-injury.

And it's a great story. We could use some of that.....(I know I know that shouldn't factor in).

I'd take him in a heartbeat.....how many times do we talk about our lack of shooting? How many times have guys like the Crispin brothers torched the Gophers? He doesn't need much space to shoot. And, he (hopefully) will be better one more year post-injury.

And it's a great story. We could use some of that.....(I know I know that shouldn't factor in).
What's the great story?? Coaches kid follows mom to new job..... Kids get hurt in sports all the time. What makes this story great??

Top Bottom