Any intel on Saturday game

holereader

Reaction score
I’m planning on driving in from up north - would like to know of Saturday is canceled also as soon a possible so I can get travel sorted.

all depends on the daily testing. who tested positive? when? have there been any new positive tests? will they have 7 scholarship players test negative by Saturday?

It may very well be the case that we will not know until the day of the game. and the fact that it is an 11:00am game could factor in if they are waiting for test results.

so, who the frak knows?

I would advise 'reader' to have a back-up plan.

all depends on the daily testing. who tested positive? when? have there been any new positive tests? will they have 7 scholarship players test negative by Saturday?

It may very well be the case that we will not know until the day of the game. and the fact that it is an 11:00am game could factor in if they are waiting for test results.

so, who the frak knows?

I would advise 'reader' to have a back-up plan.
Man this is coming down to the wire

The Saturday Game needs to get rid of Biebe. The Weeks kid has been skating the river. He is ready.

Star Trib article states Johnson expects to play but it is literally hour to hour. Read the article

They really need to do a better job of getting this information released. I understand the short notice on the Alcorn State game....since it was them that had to cancel....but if we are waiting on news from the Gophers.....they should be providing updates. Don't need specifics.

Rutgers might the worst 5-2 Big Ten team I've ever seen. Hopefully Gophers are ready to go tomorrow at (mostly) full strength.

This is a game Gophers really need to play RIGHT NOW. Rutgers is terrible on the road, plus the law of percentages says Gophers can't lose every home game! Gophers need a win, and Scarlet Knights might be our best (only?) realistic chance for a win in quite awhile.

Last edited:

The funny thing is that Ben was on theeeee worst BT basketball team in history. At least one statistic.

It will be interesting where they try to fit the Penn State game in. Monday would be one option, but I doubt they would do that at this point.

Days where both teams have a day off before and after:

1/24

2/17 (but PSU @ MN is 2/12)

That's it unless they re-schedule other games or make one of the teams play on back-to-back days.

It will be interesting where they try to fit the Penn State game in. Monday would be one option, but I doubt they would do that at this point.
There hasn't been anything released yet about Michigan's two postponed games. I have this gut feeling that most of whatever games that are postponed won't be made up. Hope I'm wrong.

And then it will be like last year where Michigan was the conference champion despite not playing 3 games and finishing only a half game ahead of Illinois.

They really need to do a better job of getting this information released. I understand the short notice on the Alcorn State game....since it was them that had to cancel....but if we are waiting on news from the Gophers.....they should be providing updates. Don't need specifics.

it's a difficult situation for all parties involved. As Johnson alluded to in the Strib article, they could get up the morning of the game, have a player come in sick and test positive, and the game's off, if that drops them below the 7 scholarship player limit.

certainly, the situation is exacerbated by the Gophers having a short roster. But they could put out a statement that "Saturday's game will be played," and if a player or two tests positive after the statement comes out, their hands are tied by the protocols.

it's a difficult situation for all parties involved. As Johnson alluded to in the Strib article, they could get up the morning of the game, have a player come in sick and test positive, and the game's off, if that drops them below the 7 scholarship player limit.

certainly, the situation is exacerbated by the Gophers having a short roster. But they could put out a statement that "Saturday's game will be played," and if a player or two tests positive after the statement comes out, their hands are tied by the protocols.

I completely understand that.

There hasn't been anything released yet about Michigan's two postponed games. I have this gut feeling that most of whatever games that are postponed won't be made up. Hope I'm wrong.

And then it will be like last year where Michigan was the conference champion despite not playing 3 games and finishing only a half game ahead of Illinois.
That would be unfortunate. They managed to re-schedule everything last year.

I completely understand that.
I think everyone does. It's the lack of communication that upsets people. Like the Twins when they have a rain delay for a storm that's a half hour away and say nothing.

Top Bottom