Any insight to WR coaches?

SRSKSM

FB Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Do you think any of the OC coaches that Brewster interviewed will be targeted for the WR coach? I seem to remember that one of the coaches Brewster interviewed was strictly a WR coach and excellent recruiter. I think he was from OSU?

WR coach for Gophers.......

How about a former Gopher WR to coach them. Kinda makes some sense?:confused:

I would love to see Ron Johnson. A successful alum is very often a good hire IMO.

Brewster would be making a big mistake

if he didn't get Mike Hohensee as the next WR coach. I don't have time right now to list why this is a no-brainer of a hire.

sarcasm.jpg

As long as we're throwing out names...
Aaron Osterman
Think he'd give up teaching to coach WR for the Gophs?

Since we have so many young receivers and a couple of new recruits, I hope the new coach is technically very sound and can teach the position versus someone who is supposed to be an excellent recruiter. We need some significant growth from our current wide receivers and learning has to be the focus, therefore teaching needs to be the hiring criteria

another co-offensive coordinator

Whoever gets named WR coach, we all know that they will also be named co-offensive coordinator. With Brew's brilliance at the helm, one head offensive coordinator, and 3 co-offensive coordinators, this offense will fly!

That would be an awesome hire. Football Scoop says he's interviewing for the Texas A&M WR coach job. Why not us?

Because A&M is a better job, he has worked at A&M before, more money, and is also rumored to be the candidate for offensive coordinator if Nolan Cromwell leaves for a job with the St. Louis Rams.

What a fall from the top for Kragthorpe. 3 years ago he was one of the hottest coaches in the country at Louisville and everyone expected the Cards to continue their winning ways. Now he's interviewing for receiver jobs.

What a fall from the top for Kragthorpe. 3 years ago he was one of the hottest coaches in the country at Louisville and everyone expected the Cards to continue their winning ways. Now he's interviewing for receiver jobs.

I remember when we played Tulsa there was a lot of talk about what an up and comer he was. But this is not rare. Look at the guy at Colorado who built up Boise St. Being successful against weak competition doesn't guarantee success when you move up to a strong conference. Unless you're Urban Meyer.

Anyone else getting curious about when there will be more information about a new WR coach? I assume Brewster is currently out recruiting hard and that's why there is so little information on the subject.

Top Bottom