Any Gopher bars in San Diego?

Surferboi

Reaction score
Hey all! Not sure if this is in the right spot, so please remove if not.

I recently graduated from the UMN and moved to San Diego shortly after. I believe the Battle for the Axe game is this upcoming Saturday. Was wondering if there’s any Gopher bars in SD? I live in Pacific Beach and know there’s the Guava Bar, which is a Vikings bar, but not sure of any Gopher bars. There’s an Iowa bar near me, but Iowa sucks. Any input would be great, thanks!

I think pb ale house is owned by an Iowa alum. They are big ten friendly, not just Iowa friendly

San Diego is one of the places I wish I could move to (too expensive for me). Great city and great weather. Enjoy your time there!

Alumni Association sometimes hosts meet ups and watch parties. Maybe Google that or hit them up on social.

I recently graduated from the UMN and moved to San Diego shortly after. I believe the Battle for the Axe game is this upcoming Saturday. Was wondering if there’s any Gopher bars in SD? I live in Pacific Beach and know there’s the Guava Bar, which is a Vikings bar, but not sure of any Gopher bars. There’s an Iowa bar near me, but Iowa sucks. Any input would be great, thanks!
Congrats on all of this exciting stuff.

Guava Bar is a good choice. It's not really a Gopher bar, but there are enough MN types hanging around there that there are usually some fans on Saturday for the Gopher games too.

The Reagle Beagle in Mission Hills used to be a MN bar too. I have never personally watched a game there, but that might be a spot.

Guava Bar is a good choice. It's not really a Gopher bar, but there are enough MN types hanging around there that there are usually some fans on Saturday for the Gopher games too.

The Reagle Beagle in Mission Hills used to be a MN bar too. I have never personally watched a game there, but that might be a spot.
Thought the Regal Beagle was just a fictional bar in Three's Company!

You ever run into Jack, Janet, and Chrissy there?

Last edited:

We watched the Penn St game at Sandbar Sports Grill in Mission Beach. Wasn't just gophers, but lots of football fans that took turns cheering for each other's team. Let's just say that was a memorable time at the bar.

In my experience it’s way easier to find a badger bar than gopher bar.

Top Bottom