Any chance of a return?

Fox was on the power trip this morning and gave some insight into NIL. And he mentioned that Payne, Carrington, and JOJ were known to be considering the portal as the season was still going on. It wasn't a secret. I have to think that was a problem in the locker room....that they had made their intentions known prior to the season even being over.
I would imagine that was a problem in the locker room. Any team I've been on for work where one or more are openly talking about job hunting and leaving can create a toxic environment for everyone else. Once a person has mentally left, it is usually downhill from there, and it can go south in a hurry.

It would explain JOJ's demeanor as the season wore on. He appeared at times to be seething with resentment, and probably wasn't quiet about it. I'm sure it sucked watching his replacement (Fox) who endeared himself to the team and fans eat his lunch when given opportunities.

Ironic though, they need to spend additional money on a GM to manage the NIL in which they don't have enough money.
Does Rob Brezezinski need a side job?

One of his original assistant coaching targets was a Canadian coach, but it seemed like some sort of administrative snafu sunk it. Jamie McNeilly, now at TCU.
And I thought he was going to bring his nephew with him as well. I was thinking they ended up at A&M

Painter said it too...he outright stated they didn't have to deal with the NIL mess with Edey because of his Canadian citizenship.
It's crazy. He's player of the year and guys around him, even guys that ride the pine are getting more money than him.

There was someone here claiming a few weeks ago to have inside knowledge that it was the other way around. That the three were mad at everyone else for being selfish and not being team players.

It's hard to say but I don't see those other guys, especially someone like Fox, returning if it was a toxic environment not involving the guys that are transferring.
Well stated. Fox is the best barometer of team chemistry. He's all in and that, to me, can be read as a clear sign the majority of the team stayed together all season.

Mitchell might not be getting much because he is Canadian? Not sure... None the less- sadly, it appears that the Payne ship has sailed. I have to believe that Ben told Mitchell that he would be jumping into the Payne slot. It might be hard to have 2 guys on the floor who shoot 45% from the free throw line...:)
Not so hard if three bigs on the other team have all fouled out with ten minutes to play.

Do you know for sure the mental health break was non-related to basketball and playing time?
No. Of course not. But it does strike me as bold to suggest that someone who ostensibly took a break for mental health reasons was on leave for other reasons.

Ironic though, they need to spend additional money on a GM to manage the NIL in which they don't have enough money.
True, it is strange. The GM can be hired by the university directly though. The U has plenty of money to spend on a coach or GM, whether they prioritize it or not is up to them, but they have money.

No. Of course not. But it does strike me as bold to suggest that someone who ostensibly took a break for mental health reasons was on leave for other reasons.
That's fair, but also a pretty easy "excuse" if you want to step away for a bit and still be viewed in a positive light.

And I thought he was going to bring his nephew with him as well. I was thinking they ended up at A&M
He was coming from A&M. Yeah, it looks like his nephew has bounced around a bit, so in hindsight, might not have been that helpful? Fellow Canadian Forward Emanuel Miller was the big additional piece that was a proven player and it looks like he continued to be good for TCU. Would've been nice...

Top Bottom