Any Bigten upsets today?

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
Woooohoooooo college football Saturday is here!!!!! :clap: I like UConn over Michigan and I think Purdue could give ND some trouble, although I think the Irish pull it out. Any shot that Western Michigan can pull off a major one in East lansing? I think the Spartans D is just bad enough to make it interesting.

Most likely: UConn over Mich
Most Desirable: Eastern Illinois over Iowa
Least Desirable: Notre Dame over Purdue
Desirable by Default: UNLV over wisconsin

Note: I don't see all these as "upsets" --- simply as BigTen losses.

Most Desirable: Easter Illinois over Iowa

I think the only one of these that wouldn't be an upset would be Conn over Michigan.

I'm watching this Michigan State vs. Western Michigan game online... god this is terrible. It's the only big ten game I can watch right now though since I don't have cable. Anyway, I don't think Western Michigan will be upsetting anyone.

Tidbit I noticed: the CBS preseason rankings rank Middle Tennessee higher than Michigan State.

Youngstown State is up 7-6 on PSU a couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter. I wish I could watch it...do they look weak?

Youngstown State is up 7-6 on PSU a couple of minutes into the 2nd quarter. I wish I could watch it...do they look weak?

This is the game to watch. Youngstown certainly looks like it has the weapons to pull an upset. PSU's offense looks very pedestrian. I like our chances against PSU.

UNLV Rebels

Most Desirable: Easter Illinois over Iowa

I'd LOVE to see UNLV give Wisconsin a run for their money tonight. UNLV is obviously a perennially bad football team but they're pretty excited about their new coach, Bobby Hauck from Montana (St?). He really sounds like he plans on building a program here once and for all. We'll see. I hope so, as it would be nice to see a relevant football game every now and then.

I'd really like to go to the game but I don't know if I can stomach all the Wisky red fans that will be there and this also happens to be like the LAST really hot day of the year. Gonna be like 108 or so. Too bad the game isn't 2-3 days from now when it's supposed to be back down mid-90's, which is actually really comfortable in the desert.

This is the game to watch. Youngstown certainly looks like it has the weapons to pull an upset. PSU's offense looks very pedestrian. I like our chances against PSU.

I expected their O to struggle a bit. But, two things make me feel good about the potential of a Gopher upset of PSU.

1) They are struggling to run the ball with evan royster against...Youngstown State?

2) The D doesn't look like you expect a PSU D to look.

Bolden has been better than I thought he'd be though.

I expected their O to struggle a bit. But, two things make me feel good about the potential of a Gopher upset of PSU.

1) They are struggling to run the ball with evan royster against...Youngstown State?

2) The D doesn't look like you expect a PSU D to look.

Bolden has been better than I thought he'd be though.

Freshman QB's can always be rattled, though. I hope we can do that.

I love that the defense looks pedestrian. I've never felt like we had a chance against PSU the last couple years because of their smothering defense. We actually defended them halfway decently, but we never had a chance against that defense.

I realize Illinois was an underdog, but wow, Illinois' QB was awful against Missouri today. I think they'd love to have Adam Weber.

I realize Illinois was an underdog, but wow, Illinois' QB was awful against Missouri today. I think they'd love to have Adam Weber.

"There are starving children in Illinois who would KILL for Adam Weber!"

Northwestern nearly shot themselves in the foot missing their last PAT because the place holder couldn't handle the snap. Then, Vandy scored a TD but a bad snap on the 2 point conversion attempt to tie it. NW up 23-21 with 2:19 left.

I can't tell if Vandy is better than expected or Northwestern isn't as good as expected. Lots of mistakes in that game so far. That Persa reminds me of Kafka though, he is a good runner.

Can't find the game, is it on broadcast?

Never mind...just the the last seconds on ESPN3

It's on ESPN3.

My internet provider just started providing it. It's kind of nice!

NW wins 23-21.

Wisconsin should win by 30.

As long as it's 30-0 or somewhere thereabouts. I put a modest wager on the UNDER at 58 points. I just don't see this one getting very high scoring. Hopefully the Badgers just try to grind the ball and the clock, get out of the hot desert with a win and move on.

Again, I'm anxious to see how the Rebels look with the new coach. He's been successful everywhere he's been, they have some experience coming back, but there's bound to be some hiccups with a new coaching staff.

Top Bottom