Antoine Winfield says if President & AD at the U keep their jobs his son will leave

Perhaps, but Claeys should not have been popping off on Twitter. Very stupid, even if a few of his kids got the shaft for "simply being there." Being there has consequences, just like in high school if you got caught at a beer bash but never touched a drop - the school can suspend. The coach is writing his walking papers if he makes Twitter posts that counter the administration's execution of policy.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. As if the situation was even similar. It's not like some of these kids were there for a party or what not, some of them were there cause this is their apartment where they live, where they sleep. They may have just gone to bed and not even know any of this was going on. And Claeys? I appreciate him more, because he is standing up for the players' standing up for their own. Is Claeys screwing over himself and maybe his job? Probably. But maybe he felt he was being thrown under the bus by Kaler and Coyle's false statement that it was Claeys' decisions to suspend.

Maybe Claeys should say nothing about this case at all because it is against the U's policy to comment on these types of cases. The same rule applies to the students. And, this is quite possibly the reason why the 6 were suspended for one year, which seems a small price to pay to learn a good life lesson. It is not so much a question of justice for me. The whole thing revolves around commitment to safety. That commitment apparently is not preference by the players as is their secondary question of suspensions for other causes. In which case, they would better be served by paying attention to the primary issue at hand, the violation of the code of conduct over the issue of consent. In most colleges today, the issue of consent is required learning. At MNSCU schools, there are semester by semester required training on the subject and its consequences. If the U does not have such training, then maybe they should adopt the MNSCU standards. But, from what I have read on the policy, the policy is very clear. Group demands of sex is not acceptable in any way form or fashion. It is against the rules. Speaking about an investigation to people outside of the investigation is against the rules.

Maybe Claeys should say nothing about this case at all because it is against the U's policy to comment on these types of cases. The same rule applies to the students. And, this is quite possibly the reason why the 6 were suspended for one year, which seems a small price to pay to learn a good life lesson. It is not so much a question of justice for me. The whole thing revolves around commitment to safety. That commitment apparently is not preference by the players as is their secondary question of suspensions for other causes. In which case, they would better be served by paying attention to the primary issue at hand, the violation of the code of conduct over the issue of consent. In most colleges today, the issue of consent is required learning. At MNSCU schools, there are semester by semester required training on the subject and its consequences. If the U does not have such training, then maybe they should adopt the MNSCU standards. But, from what I have read on the policy, the policy is very clear. Group demands of sex is not acceptable in any way form or fashion. It is against the rules. Speaking about an investigation to people outside of the investigation is against the rules.

You know nothing of what you speak and still you spew your anger and falsehoods. Consent was at the core of the police investigation and investigators reports says he found clear signs of consent and the DA agreed. So get off your soapbox you are embarrassing yourself.

I like Winfield and all but that statement makes no sense at all...

Top Bottom