Anthony Tucker going back to D-1

Does he ever run of our schollys??? The transfer route is risky. Travis Ford did this when he started at Oklahoma State. They did have a good season his first year, but they've sucked it up since then. I guess with ISU, it doesn't hurt to try.

I lose some respect for them each and every time they get these players. I dont see a way to be successful building a TEAM out of royce whites, anthony tuckers, chris allens, and korie lucious' of the world

I dont see a way to be successful building a TEAM out of royce whites, anthony tuckers, chris allens, and korie lucious' of the world

Sounds like a risk worth taking, build a foundation and turn the program around quickly. Freddy will certainly have his work cut out for himself.

Iowa State

I think the $100 season ticket that ISU offers could be a steal next season. Assuming Royce & Chris Allen can stay out of trouble, it could get really interesting in Hilton Coliseum. I would imagine Cyclone fans are really looking forward to next season (with fingers crossed). It should be worth a couple trips up I-35 to Ames next season.

It's all about risk/reward. Iowa State has been abysmal. So where's the downside? He loses his team? So what, they win about 2 conference games per year as it is.

I would certainly not want that group of players to be my team, but if I were I long-time Iowa State fan yearning for the days of Julius Michalik, I would probably be singing a different tune.

Wasn't Tucker kicked off or at least suspended from WSU just before the tournament?

Wow. This is either going to be the most genius experiment ever, or the first time an entire team is arrested at once. I guess if you're going this route, you may as well go all in.

I just dont get what this kid has done to deserve this opportunity. Winona fans can't wait to get rid of him, and Cyclone fans are disgusted at the thought of Freddy giving him a scholly....

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/118014-anthony-tucker-iowa-state.html

Some say it may be a little risk investment, but this could drive fans and supporters of the program away for bringing a kid with repeated problems to the program. It will certainly be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Best case scenario is that he'll be a walk-on. He's going to Ames on his own and trying to make the team.

I guess it is like no stopping at the second base for Fred. I actually like this on account of its sheer audacity. If Fred can salvage half of them including Royce into whatever system he is creating, it will be brilliant. I think I would be excited if I were a fan of Iowa State.

Interesting that Winona State won the NSIC tournament without him.

According to the Hoiberg regime, Tucker will not be invited to be a member of the Cyclones.

According to the Hoiberg regime, Tucker will not be invited to be a member of the Cyclones.

Wise. The young man needs to get clean and his life together before he attempts basketball again. Hopefully, that's what Freddie and people who care about him told him. Sobriety is more important than hoops.

If I'm Hoiberg, I'm taking all of these guys I can get. He can't get top-tier recruits from the outset, but his first 2 years he'll need to take a gamble on some of these guys.

After a long career in the NBA, I don't think Hoiberg is as easily phased by head cases, and likely developed a way of relating to me-first players in team building.

And, I want Hoiberg to succeed with the transfers. It would be a good thing for him to get a few of those back in track basketball-wise, and hopefully they learn from the experience for a better life.

Top Bottom