Anthony Brown decommits

His brother does play for the Gophers.
Well, I feel silly now for not knowing or forgetting that! LOL

Still, Lexington to Mpls to Cincy, to hang out with your brother and perhaps friendships made with Hoskins and Knuth? Seems pricey with how flight tickets are these days, unless his brother had some NIL to take care of it or somehow the team was able to pay for it (but not sure how that works)?

Yep, bad hire.

All coaches make mistakes the good ones move on from them. I don't blame PJ for giving him a second year after the weirdness of 2020 (I think when you hire someone you have to give them a fair shake).
All good.

It would just be interesting, and hopefully PJ would be willing to and perhaps already did this, to understand how the mistakes of hiring Robb Smith and Mike Sanford Jr came to be. So those types of mistakes can be avoided going forward.

He's just on a visit, he's off the Kentucky next weekend. Will still probably commit to one of those two but he's not committed anywhere yet.
His (free) 247 page said Kentucky was last weekend, but his Twitter didn't show any pics. Did it get rescheduled to next weekend? (would make sense)

AB's twitter also showed him working out 1-on-1 with a personal trainer (in the sand volleyball court) this past week while he was up here. Not cheap, someone had to be paying for that as well. Unless the trainer gave the session away for free for the publicity? (seems plausible)

Well, I feel silly now for not knowing or forgetting that! LOL

Still, Lexington to Mpls to Cincy, to hang out with your brother and perhaps friendships made with Hoskins and Knuth? Seems pricey with how flight tickets are these days, unless his brother had some NIL to take care of it or somehow the team was able to pay for it (but not sure how that works)?
Uncle John and Aunt Chrissy have some cash.

Uncle John and Aunt Chrissy have some cash.
I wonder if his uncle has some sway because I think he'd want him to play with his older brother in a Gopher's uniform. Just a thought.

I'd like to see his uncle give a legendary appearance at The Bank!

KY has done reasonably well the last couple years.
They beat Iowa in bowl and IA beat MN so KY is not quite the downgrade for recruits that it used to be.

KY has done reasonably well the last couple years.
They beat Iowa in bowl and IA beat MN so KY is not quite the downgrade for recruits that it used to be.
Also very drivable to Springfield, OH, where he lives.

Mark Stoops one of the best recruiters in college football. Plus throw in the NIL money they will be successful.

At 5' 10", he would have been the shortest receiver in the 2 deeps. Was he really that good? Super quick?

There is a new episode out of "Gopher Gridiron Radio."

Ryan Burns just sh*ts all over Sanford. Said Sanford's approach to the passing game was like
"well, we'll try this for this week, and if it doesn't work, we'll try something different next week."

Burns also makes the point that Sanford had never worked in an RPO-style offense, so he was a bad fit from day 1.
Agreed. He was a terrible hire and is a poor coach.

Mark Stoops one of the best recruiters in college football. Plus throw in the NIL money they will be successful.

I wouldn't worry too much about NIL coming from Kentucky. Their basketball program is more popular and their state economy is in the bottom 10 in the US. I doubt they have a lot of NIL money flying around for football players.

I wouldn't worry too much about NIL coming from Kentucky. Their basketball program is more popular and their state economy is in the bottom 10 in the US. I doubt they have a lot of NIL money flying around for football players.
It's more about alumni than Joe Blow fan living in Moonshineville, KY.

That's the thing about economics - a lot of it is about priorities. Minnesota could dunk all over every SEC state if it wanted to, but it doesn't.

SEC country is home to America's poorest and most economically unsuccessful states, but we all know which states are backing up the truck for NIL.

There is a new episode out of "Gopher Gridiron Radio."

Ryan Burns just sh*ts all over Sanford. Said Sanford's approach to the passing game was like
"well, we'll try this for this week, and if it doesn't work, we'll try something different next week."

Burns also makes the point that Sanford had never worked in an RPO-style offense, so he was a bad fit from day 1.
And was there any effort into trying to understand what in the hell Fleck was thinking, for hiring him??

Where did all the transfers end up? I heard two players transfered to Whitewater, a linebacker and D lineman. Guggamose is going to St. Thomas

Top Bottom