Another week of carnage in the Top 25

Disagree that winning a division is comparable to anything that was done in the 60's.

That there even are two divisions, is merely an artifact of NCAA rules which required it to host a championship game. When those rules are relaxed, I'd like to see it merged back into a single conference grouping.

Winning the conference, has been the only actual thing. Doing that, would be meaningful.

You missed the point. Winning the division means we would finish in the Top 2 of the conference. That has not been done since the 1960s.

we would finish in the Top 2 of the conference.
So? Finishing #2 in a conference isn't a thing and has never been a thing.

LOL if you went back to the 60's and said "OK, goal number one: finish #2 in the conference!"

So? Finishing #2 in a conference isn't a thing and has never been a thing.

LOL if you went back to the 60's and said "OK, goal number one: finish #2 in the conference!"

Feel free to your own opinion, but if the Gophers win the West and get to the BT title game for the first time ever, I think you will definitely be in a strong minority of people who think it's not worth celebrating.

Feel free to your own opinion, but if the Gophers win the West and get to the BT title game for the first time ever, I think you will definitely be in a strong minority of people who think it's not worth celebrating.
As I've said multiple times on the thread, and to clarify, again: I never said that I would not be impressed by winning the West.

Simply, again: there is no "point" to winning the West. It just gets you in the "playoff", in this game a single championship game. If you win that, then you've actually accomplished a thing.

One step at a time.

It's exactly no different than having the fastest time ever ... on just up through the swim and bike legs of a triathlon.

Great! Great work. That's outstanding!

Now go actually win the thing.

So why are you all excited about the Vikings winning the North, but unimpressed with the Gophers winning the B1G West?
Because being the best of 4 teams that includes the lions and the bears is super impressive. And making the playoffs in a league designed for everyone to succeed and half the teams make the playoffs is a big accomplishment!

the Vikings are a truly a below average franchise that Minnesotans have talked themselves into greatness.

the Vikings years without a conference championship is only 10 years fewer than the gophers conference championship draught that people like the harp on. But the Vikings play in a league designed for different teams to be successful. Minnesota plays in a system designed for the same teams to win.

Top Bottom