Another Trestman Thread (I know...)

That was strange to say the least. Looked like some sort of game you make up when you're in elementary school with the kicking back and forth.

Bomb Canada for defiling our game.

Well that video has only been posted about 10 times here already...amazing some people want this guy to be the next HC...he'd prolly tell our kicker to punt the ball on the opponents 30 & try to get it between the goalposts...

I didn't realize you could do that in Canadian Football. I knew you had to get the ball out of the end zone, or you gave up one point, but I didn't realize you could field the ball, and kick it right back, which was done twice on this play, once by the return team to get it out of the end zone, and once by the kicking team to put it back in. My understanding is that Canadian rules differ from American rules because the two sports used to be essentially identical, but they have since diverged, with the Canadian game keeping some aspects that were dropped in the American game.

One vestige in American football is that you can make a free kick after a fair catch, and if this free kick goes through the goalposts, it is three points. It's rarely done, but occasionally a team is in just the right position to give it a try.

Top Bottom