Another Name Removed from Consideration

Sir Tipsy McStagger

Legend & Gopherhole Watchdog
Reaction score
I would like to announce that I am no longer interested in the Head Coaching position at the University of Minnesota.

The timing of this announcement is not related to the letter I received this morning from the University of Minnesota informing me that while they appreciated my interest in the job and the thoughtful resume I sent them via the U of M employment website, I was not being given serious consideration for the position.

H. Sailor and Dr. Lloyd received the same letter, since we apply for head coaching positions as a triumvirate. I think I'll frame my letter and display it at tailgates next year, unless I get hired at a different school.

:cool02::cool02:

Actually... That is some news.

I'm only speaking from my own experience trying to get work in academia. They do not respond to candidates who they are not going to interview until they've either completed or are very close to complete the process. That way, if their first group of qualified candidates don't work out they have not turned down anyone who is still a candidate.

If they are sending out letters/e-mails now to people who may have applied and are under-qualified (Or a joke in this case) that means they are close!

Actually... That is some news.

I'm only speaking from my own experience trying to get work in academia. They do not respond to candidates who they are not going to interview until they've either completed or are very close to complete the process. That way, if their first group of qualified candidates don't work out they have not turned down anyone who is still a candidate.

If they are sending out letters/e-mails now to people who may have applied and are under-qualified (Or a joke in this case) that means they are close!

Actually yeah, I think that is the case, and if so, this is probably bigger news than 90% of what we've been hearing the last few days LOL.

I would like to announce that I am no longer interested in the Head Coaching position at the University of Minnesota.

The timing of this announcement is not related to the letter I received this morning from the University of Minnesota informing me that while they appreciated my interest in the job and the thoughtful resume I sent them via the U of M employment website, I was not being given serious consideration for the position.

H. Sailor and Dr. Lloyd received the same letter, since we apply for head coaching positions as a triumvirate. I think I'll frame my letter and display it at tailgates next year, unless I get hired at a different school.

:cool02::cool02:

I just saw a tweet 5 minutes ago saying you ARE still interested!?

I didn't get a letter!!! That must mean I'm still being considered!!! Should I give them a call to set up an interview or would that make it look like I'm desperate?

Two Candidates That Are Still In The Mix

austin_powers_borat_cropped.jpg

Top Bottom