Another Iowa back goes down 8-18-2012

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Link

IOWA CITY — As far as anyone knows, the Hawkeyes had the greatest scrimmage in history. That’s in the wind now, because no one remembered a thing after running back Barkley Hill’s knee injury.

The true freshman from Cedar Falls suffered a injury to his left knee while crossing the goal line for an 8-yard touchdown during Saturday’s open scrimmage at Kinnick Stadium. Hill, 6-0, 210 pounds, had crossed the goal line when fullback Jacob Reisen and cornerback Torrey Campbell banged into him. Hill’s knee buckled and he feel to the FieldTurf, where he stayed for several minutes.

Thank you for adding the date to your thread title. This should be required for any thread discussing Iowa rb injuries or misbehavior. It is the only way to keep it straight and help readers know it isn't the same thread being posted multiple times, over multiple days and years.

This is fantastic news for Greg Garmon. He can continue to smoke pot and not have to worry about any suspensions.

Why would you go there if you played RB? It's like asking to end up in jail with no ligaments left.

This is almost becoming somewhat of an accomplishment on their part. I didn't think it was possible to waste through running backs like that. Do they only have one or two RBs on the depth chart now?

So their presumed starter is a 180 lb sophomore walk-on who has no game experience. The other two remaining RBs are another walk-on, and the pot smoking Greg Garmon who has also been banged up and is one more hit away from jail time.

Iowa running backs go down faster than Elton John at a Pride parade.

It's gotten so bad that even Brian Bennett noticed.

Butch (Iowa)

Iowa is obviously not overflowing with depth at the running back position, I was wondering who you thought would get the majority of the snaps towards the end of the year rather than the start and do you think that a freshman could erupt for them? And who?
Brian Bennett
(3:21 PM)

The Hawkeyes are running out of options. If I had to guess, I'd say Damon Bullock starts the year, but Greg Garmon overtakes him. Liked the reports I heard about Garmon's vision and running style from Saturday's scrimmage. Provided, of course, that neither of them spontaneously combust.

Tom Dienhart ‏@BTNTomDienhart
#Iowa announced that freshman running back Barkley Hill and freshman defensive back Ruben Lile have suffered season-ending injuries. #B1G

Just an FYI.

Tom Dienhart ‏@BTNTomDienhart
#Iowa announced that freshman running back Barkley Hill and freshman defensive back Ruben Lile have suffered season-ending injuries. #B1G

Just an FYI.

Did he clarify whether the injuries occurred at the team meth house or on the practice field?

Just a thought Pantherhawk starts cranking up his Gopher bashing garbage and another Iowa running back goes down. Coincidence or divine intervention? Maybe the AIRBHG (angry Iowa running backs hating god) is causing a string of incidents at Iowa in hopes that Pantherhawk will spontaneously combust? What a beautiful thought.

Rodrick Williams Jr. would have been getting a lot of playing time down there this year, wouldn't he? His ACL is a lot safer here, though.

3ql623.jpg

Top Bottom