Another Coach and Early Signing Proposal

Urban Meyer is against this, this makes me in favor of it. Any thing to somehow level the playing field as to recruiting. Don't see how the early signing period would be detrimental to the Gophers.

Urban Meyer is against this, this makes me in favor of it. Any thing to somehow level the playing field as to recruiting. Don't see how the early signing period would be detrimental to the Gophers.

Why I think it would help second tier teams is because Big Time schools would fill their classes earlier and wouldn't have scholarships available to poach late blooming studs.

If anyone is buying Urban Meyer's concern for the recruit as the main reason this is a bad idea, I have scenic mountainside property here in Florida I can sell you. Concern for the recruit is pretty low on his list IMO. Not being to poach a late bloomer already signed would be at the top I'm guessing.

Yep, everyone can see right through Meyer. He's able to come in at the last minute and poach damn near any recruit he wants, which kills the second tier teams. Naturally he wants to maintain the status quo. I think the early signing period is a great idea because I like parity on college football and this would help with that.

Top Bottom