Annexstad walking

If you have "heard it many times," it should be easy to post many examples. Please share - I'd love to read these so-called knowledgeable people making complete fools of themselves.

You could also just listen to our OC. He is really making a fool of himself...

“One issue last season is how Morgan and Annexstad were not able to force defenses to remain honest by keeping the ball on zone-read run plays.

“Tanner has really improved in that area,” Ciarrocca said. “He has a lot of experience with it, but we weren’t very good at it last year when we had to read it.”

“I said sometimes, ‘Are we actually reading?’ ” he said of the QB studying the edge defender and letting them indicate if it’s better to keep the ball or hand it off to the running back.”

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...ator-kirk-ciarrocca-back-to-lead-the-way/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also just listen to our OC. He is really making a fool of himself...

“One issue last season is how Morgan and Annexstad were not able to force defenses to remain honest by keeping the ball on zone-read run plays.

“Tanner has really improved in that area,” Ciarrocca said. “He has a lot of experience with it, but we weren’t very good at it last year when we had to read it.”

“I said sometimes, ‘Are we actually reading?’ ” he said of the QB studying the edge defender and letting them indicate if it’s better to keep the ball or hand it off to the running back.”

https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/...ator-kirk-ciarrocca-back-to-lead-the-way/amp/

“If I had four (quarterbacks) with experience, I would want the starter to stay healthy anyhow,” Ciarrocca said. “We are just going to run the system. If the zone reads are a big part of it, they will be a big part of it. I wouldn’t say any of these guys are prototypical zone read guys.”

Note the "if." The zone reads aren't a big part of it, and never have been. He never once said that they have been running zone read nor would be running zone read - he's responding to questions from a confused reporter. The confused reporter is asking why the QBs don't keep the ball, just like confused posters here do. Thanks for proving my point!

“If I had four (quarterbacks) with experience, I would want the starter to stay healthy anyhow,” Ciarrocca said. “We are just going to run the system. If the zone reads are a big part of it, they will be a big part of it. I wouldn’t say any of these guys are prototypical zone read guys.”

Note the "if." The zone reads aren't a big part of it, and never have been. He never once said that they have been running zone read nor would be running zone read - he's responding to questions from a confused reporter. The confused reporter is asking why the QBs don't keep the ball, just like confused posters here do. Thanks for proving my point!

Seriously dude? That hard to say you were wrong? Let me help - you were wrong.

The context of the conversation was about the zone read and you are going with Kirk being nice to a confused reporter? You should let Andy know how foolish he looks too (and Ryan Burns, and ......). This conversation just moved into the absurd.

Not to mention your original post was telling me I never heard anyone say it and I found 3 examples in a 5-minute Google Search. You were wrong about that too. 2 for 2 is worth something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't run the read option. Period. Tanner Morgan is almost never going to run the ball on a designed play. Period. This is irrespective of Zack Annexstad's health. The read option isn't part of the Ciarrocca offense - it never has been and likely never will be. Period.

Using "Period" 3 times in one short paragraph is such a cringe move. Period.

I can think of between 5-10 plays the last 2 seasons that looked like called zone reads. It’s not a big part of the offense but they’ll use it occasionally or maybe the QB has the freedom at times. I’d guess it will be even less utilized this year but who knows.

Top Bottom