Animated Television Shows

stocker08

Reaction score
In my opinion....the first five (Fox) seasons of Futurama are the gold standard of television. The writing was absolutely whip sharp. Makes sense that Matt Groening took his creative genius over....after getting bored with The Simpsons. Obviously another HoF animate show.....if you forget the past decade or two.

The Life and Times of Tim on HBO might be the funniest show ever created.

I think I'm in the minority.....but I think South Park is worse now than it was in the first few seasons. I think the need to inject social commentary into every episode has made this show less funny. My favorite episodes are all in the earlier seasons. Can't beat the 80s movie parody episode of Asspen. When Trey Parker and Matt Stone go off on a tangent......funny things happen. Especially when Trey Parker sings. See......season 2.....Chinpokomon. They made this silly bike as a joke for the episode?

In my opinion....the first five (Fox) seasons of Futurama are the gold standard of television. The writing was absolutely whip sharp. Makes sense that Matt Groening took his creative genius over....after getting bored with The Simpsons. Obviously another HoF animate show.....if you forget the past decade or two.

The Life and Times of Tim on HBO might be the funniest show ever created.

I think I'm in the minority.....but I think South Park is worse now than it was in the first few seasons. I think the need to inject social commentary into every episode has made this show less funny. My favorite episodes are all in the earlier seasons. Can't beat the 80s movie parody episode of Asspen. When Trey Parker and Matt Stone go off on a tangent......funny things happen. Especially when Trey Parker sings. See......season 2.....Chinpokomon. They made this silly bike as a joke for the episode?
That's the minority? I loved it for maybe 5 years, then it was too much. I haven't watched an episode in at least 15 years.

I think I'm in the minority.....but I think South Park is worse now than it was in the first few seasons.
I had a VHS copy of the first, unbleeped (and unaired) episode that was a pre-pilot, or promotional or “sizzle reel” for South Park. Didn’t think it was funny then, still don’t.

edit: After posting that, I found “The Life and Times of Tim” on HBO Max, and have a new binge.

“Amy…..I don’t know if you noticed, but I vacuumed” -> Dead

edit 2: rethinking “bingeworthy“ classification. I’ll still watch the whole series.

Last edited:

I will watch the occasional episode of "Family Guy."

My animation jones was the Star Wars animated series. I have seen every episode of "The Clone Wars" and then "Star Wars Rebels." Last year, Disney+ started a spin-off/sequel to Clone Wars with "The Bad Batch." After watching all of that, I decided that the Star Wars Prequel movies would have been more entertaining as animated movies instead of live-action. With animation, it's easier to accept somewhat 'cartoonish' action. But in live-action, it looks silly. And, the voice actor who played Anakin on "Clone Wars" was a better actor than Hayden Christensen.

But, IMHO, the greatest animated series of all time is still "Rocky and Bullwinkle." Watching those as an adult, I now get all the puns and jokes that went over my head when I was a kid.

Every time I catch a new episode of the Simpsons, which isn't often, its hilarious.

F is for Family is really good.

I haven't watched in a long time but loved King of the Hill.

Top Bottom