Andy Katz: Richard Pitino has happy homecoming as Minnesota passes early season test

ForecastingAWin

Reaction score
And that's why he texted Nate Mason 30 minutes before the team departed for the Dunk Monday night. He said he and Mason had been "butting heads" over the last few days. So he told him to come to his room for a chat. It lasted 15 minutes.

"I said, 'Nate, you and me have to be on the same page, joined at the hip,'" Pitino said. "I don't know if I would have done that a few years ago. More than anything you've got to find a way to connect with your players.''

Mason scored 17 points with six boards to go along with Jordan Murphy's 23 and 14 and double-figures from Reggie Lynch (12 points) and Amir Coffey (15 points, three 3s) in a balanced effort.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-11-13/andy-katz-richard-pitino-has-happy-homecoming-minnesota?cid=ncaammsocial_tw_sf168132682&sf168132682=1

Awesome video of Pitino talking to them after the game!

"The first thing I said was that I'm renting a car,'' Richard Pitino said after the Gophers' 86-74 victory over the Friars Monday night in a game that felt like March, but was literally only the second game of the season.

-------

I hope he filled up the gas tank upon return.

"The first thing I said was that I'm renting a car,'' Richard Pitino said after the Gophers' 86-74 victory over the Friars Monday night in a game that felt like March, but was literally only the second game of the season.

-------

I hope he filled up the gas tank upon return.

He actually said he paid for the car on his own so Minnesota won't give him crap for any of it

Top Bottom