Andy Katz: Big Ten Transfer Portal Rankings (2. Garcia, 12. Cooper)

Do I agree? I don't know. I'm not sure why he has McGee higher than Cooper. McGee may have been the leading scorer on his team but it was a terrible team, his scoring average wasn't so high, and his advanced stats were pretty mediocre (although not so bad for a freshman).

I think the ranking at this point somewhat represents the relative paucity of transfer recruiting by Big Ten teams so far in this offseason. According to Sports Reference, there are only 16 2022 transfer players committed to Big Ten teams.

I don't see McGee getting a lot of playing time with Chuckie H. in Madison and I don't see them playing together.....seems like an odd fit.

And IMO Greisel should be lower....around 8 or 9.

I don't see McGee getting a lot of playing time with Chuckie H. in Madison and I don't see them playing together.....seems like an odd fit.

And IMO Greisel should be lower....around 8 or 9.
I could see him in the other guard spot, Bowman's gone and the Wake Forest kid they brought in last year hasn't been that good. They have Chuckie, Wahl and Crowl, I would guess this kid and maybe Jordan Davis round out the starting five?

I really like Griesel. Big guard with handle. Would’ve loved to have him be the Gopher PG for a year. He’ll do well at Nebraska.

I would lean toward the Illini as the portal winner. How about others, what do you think?
Illinois isn’t done with the portal. At least one more. Maybe two. They are waiting on specific players to withdraw from the draft.

Top Bottom