Andre McDonald is visiting Gophers next weekend!

Stan

Reaction score
GET 'ER DONE JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BlairRIVALS: WR Andre McDonald says he is reopening things and will visit #Minnesota on Jan. 13 and #Illinois on Jan. 27."

Go Gophers!!

I would love to get him, but I think our chances are slim. From what I have heard, I think he will end up at Cal. Nevertheless, let's get this on Coach.

8ZgxM.gif

Cal? Where on earth did u hear that? He told Iowa rivals guy his visits will be to mn, Ill and probably Iowa.

How many times is he going to re-open it? I hope they get him but at some point you've got to make a decision and stick with it kid.

I would love to land McDonald, he is a really special athlete.

I wonder if Philip Nelson and Maxx Williams got in his ear at the Semper Fi game. There were a lot of Cal recruits at that game too.

I would love to get him, but I think our chances are slim. From what I have heard, I think he will end up at Cal. Nevertheless, let's get this on Coach.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Bryce McNeal?

If he's willing to recommit after his visit and promise not to take any others, that would be a sign of goodwill and that he's on board.
That said, Kill is going to yet again be put in an awkward position potentially waiting for McDonald or face public scrutiny for letting the #1 recruit in the state go.
Hopefully his immaturity in bouncing from program to program is just that and not an accurate display of his character.

I wonder if Philip Nelson and Maxx Williams got in his ear at the Semper Fi game. There were a lot of Cal recruits at that game too.

not Cal recruits as in the school Cal-Berkeley. but yes, there were a lot of kids playing the game from the state of california. makes sense considering the games was held so close to the west coast. just like you saw a ton of florida kids in the under armour game played in tampa-st. pete last night. partly because so many recuirts come from those two state and also guarantee some of it had to do with wanting to sell more tickets to the games. i.e. geographic proximity to the host site.

I'm going out on a limb & say that Andre becomes a Gopher.
That said, I've been wrong before...

“@GophersNow: Heard McDonald reneged on his commitment to Vandy because the assistant that he was close to there moved to Illinois. Kill's got a shot now.”

“@GophersNow: Heard McDonald reneged on his commitment to Vandy because the assistant that he was close to there moved to Illinois. Kill's got a shot now.”

don't go to illannoy, andre. that place is a clusterfuch right now. you will be much happier at home with the golden gophers. do the right thing. the right thing is MINNESOTA.

Not to derail this thread, but if that is true I wonder how many Badger commits will do the same?

At the risk of getting completely ripped (actually it's not a risk, it's a certainty on this board) count me as one who isn't terribly excited. I know this program isn't in a position to walk away from a 4 star recruit, much less potentially the top recruit in the state. On the other hand, he's playing games with his recruitment and it makes me wonder about his maturity and whether he may become a headache.*

*NOTE: I understand he has the right to look around. That's fine. But there's no reason to give a verbal "commitment" TWICE only to back out. If you don't know, so be it. There's nothing wrong with waiting to declare until you're ready. Unfortunately McDonald's recruitment seems to be all over the place.

Getting McDonald just might bump the Gophs to #11 in the B10 recruiting rankings......

Sorry Art

Getting McDonald just might bump the Gophs to #11 in the B10 recruiting rankings......

Now if there was only someway to move you up from dead last on this blog.:confused:

Good News! You are no longer last! wren is so far down that he didn't even show up on the list. That then makes you tied with Minnesota at eleven where you have always wanted to be!

Killjoy...come on now. Art is our second favorite commentor on the GopherHole. Everyone else is tied for first.

Killjoy...come on now. Art is our second favorite commentor on the GopherHole. Everyone else is tied for first.

Oh Cool! I've been promoted ahead of Art. Think I'll have a martini to celebrate.

not Cal recruits as in the school Cal-Berkeley. but yes, there were a lot of kids playing the game from the state of california. makes sense considering the games was held so close to the west coast. just like you saw a ton of florida kids in the under armour game played in tampa-st. pete last night. partly because so many recuirts come from those two state and also guarantee some of it had to do with wanting to sell more tickets to the games. i.e. geographic proximity to the host site.

Yes, there were a number of Cal-Berkeley recruits at that game. 2 of the 6 who declared at the game ended up committing to Cal-Berkeley and they were surrounded by 4-5 others while doing it. Announcers even made a statement about Cal's class when Cochran declared and the others held up the Cal flag in front of him.

Hope we land McDonald. If not, I wish him well but will cheer for those who committed to our University and football program. If he lands at another school, I'll follow him minimally until I watch him in the Holiday Bowl as a Senior where he will rack up 148 yards on 8 receptions and a TD vs a #5 Big XII team.

Anyone else remember when he decommitted and most people on here were saying they wouldn't want him after he decommitted?

He is overrated as a player IMO. But I still hope they get him. Anyone who has said that they wouldn't take him due to decommits clearly doesn't value having good football players and good people. I have heard he is a pretty good kid and though I think he is overrated I still think he is a solid big ten recruit.

ZachJohnsonGI GopherIllustratedcom Minnesota in contention for another top Midwest recruit. Will the re-emergence of McDonald impact the #Gophers chances?

Here's another tweet from Zack...don't know if other recruit is Harbison since he is already listed as a commit.

ZachJohnsonGI GopherIllustratedcom Minnesota in contention for another top Midwest recruit. Will the re-emergence of McDonald impact the #Gophers chances?

Here's another tweet from Zack...don't know if other recruit is Harbison since he is already listed as a commit.
Harbison is from NC I thought? Not really Midwest.

We played hopkins 3 years ago when Mcdonald was a sophomore. He caught 3 tds in the first half, one of which was a bubble screen that he reversed field on and took it the distance. The kid as a sophomore was a BEAST. For whatever its worth I think he's the best receiver I've ever seen IN PERSON so far during my time as a defensive backs coach. A lot more atheltic than Farrow from Minnetonka was to me. I haven't seen him play the last two years, but I can only imagine he's gotten better! I really hope we can get him! GO JERRY!!!!!!!

since his coach at Vandy left him for Illinois, I hope he see's that college football is a business and that he needs to make his decision based on whats best for him. Not just because of you like your position coach.

Top Bottom