Andre Braugher has died at 61

Just saw that as well. Very good in a number of roles over the years. RIP

Oh dang... I agree, best character on 9-9 and really sold that show.

One thing I appreciate about Michael Schur is that he creates interesting, complex characters. Rather than just the gruff captain, Capt Holt is much more complex. And Braugher played it expertly. His comedic timing is perfect.

One thing I appreciate about Michael Schur is that he creates interesting, complex characters. Rather than just the gruff captain, Capt Holt is much more complex. And Braugher played it expertly. His comedic timing is perfect.
I would go so far as to say Captain Holt was one of the best characters in sitcom history.

I would go so far as to say Captain Holt was one of the best characters in sitcom history.

Definitely the best character on a show that was filled with funny characters. Braugher used B99 to showcase a masterclass on deadpan delivery.

Brooklyn 99 was fantastic, Braugher was so good in it. I never missed an episode.

I loved the ongoing feud with Wuntch (Kyra Sedgwick).

saw an article the other day that apparently, the people who own the rights to "Homicide" are getting closer to being able to offer the show for streaming.

the big drawback is music licensing rights. Homicide used a lot of songs in its episodes, and they have to work out licensing agreements for each song or artist in order to put the series up for syndication or streaming.

of course, you could just strip out the original songs and drop in generic music on the soundtrack, but that would not be what the creators intended.

anyway, the article said they are making progress and are hopeful that the show could be available on streaming at some point in the future.

the same situation was true with the show "Moonlighting." music rights kept that series out of syndication for a long time.

Top Bottom