And the positive takeaways are...

GoForGold

Reaction score
This was a trivial bowl game. Teams with .500 records shouldn't be playing bowl games anyway. Also, this loss is an opportunity to consider other head coach options.

DaJon McKnight looked very good and has 2 years left.

Penalties

I think the Gophers committed only one penalty last night (going solely from memory). An incredible feat given their lack of discipline most of the season. That's a huge positive IMO.

You lost to Iowa State. There are no positives.

PS: AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other than QB play, I thought the whole team play looked immproved. I taped it and watched it again from the coaching standpoint and it should have easily been a 42-14 game. 90% lon the QB's

Could've also been 42-14 the other way if ISU had better QB play.

Gray looked great when he wasn't fumbling. Wilhite!! McKnight future star. Kirksey, did you catch that great downfield tackle? Weber had a lot of time. quite a bit had to go wrong to lose this game. Given it's meaningless, I'm not going to view it as a loss. Our kicker missed a FG he hasn't missed all year, and gray fumbles in FG range late in the game.

This game was all about next year and I saw plenty to get excited about. Would I be happier if we had won? You betcha. But would i feel differently about next year? Nope, same team.

The game is usefull is showing where the program is at 36 months after Brewster was hired. We are behind Iowa State. That sucks but it is good to know in order to take proper action going forward.

We are not behind ISU. We lost by one point. You'd have to play them a number of times do be able to make that claim.

You lost to Iowa State. There are no positives.

PS: AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So did you in 2007. To a team that eventually went 3-9. And now you're in a BCS game. Fortunes can change; I guess that's my positive.

Good teams execute and make plays. "IF" we would have got it done on three playes it likely resulted in a nice W: Ellestad missed FG from the 17, our receiver falls down on the goal line and ISU gets a huge INT and Gray fumble on the last drive. One could say that about of lot of games but this game was soooooo winnable.

Top Bottom