And now: the missing piece of the puzzle to restore Gopher Football to respectability

NOTE: this thread is not intended for the consumption or use of any kind by any unregistered user or any kind of wild animal with a keyboard. Any indication that an unregistered user or ANY animal, wild or domesticated with access to a keyboard of any name brand or generic nature has attempted to read this thread is strictly prohibited...under the peek-a-boo-I-see-you rules of law quite commonly stated in these sorts of matters...

What a relief that I provided that warning before any unrgistered user or wild animal with a keyboard did attempt to view or in any other unlawful way experience content not meant for his/her eyes.

; 0 )

Is it true that one of the ancient sports columnists struck again today? What was his name? reusse or something like that?

He wrote basically the same piece that he wrote in 1972 and 1984 and 1996...and a few other times along the way. But, the Gopher Holers just LOVE having him around...

; 0 )

There was a lot of complaining on GH about reusse again on Wednesday and Thursday.

Does anyone know if any of the over 30 years as a Twin Cities sports media retired today or moved to an assisted living facility within the past couple of days.

Maybe it is time to start a formal "check in" for the ancient media members and also for we senior Gopher Fans so that no one will start worrying if any of the old-timer TC sports media members OR ancient Gopher Fans checked out lately...

We need to have a little sense of humor about it all.

; 0 )

I called for the replacement of that brewster clown: mission accomplished! I demanded that the lame duck prexy b. should limp off into the sunset. Shortly before the end of June, when his employment as prexy would be terminated, he broke his leg. BINGO! I have demanded that badger joel macturi be thrown under the bus and ditched, The masses are now calling for the same thing.

But now, I am going to reveal the final miracle that MUST happen to bring to an end the woes of the University of Minnesota Football Program. Of course, it will help IF the old wilfster sells the vikings to the LA Chamber of Commerce, but this plan will even top that!

What NEEDS to happen to reverse this downward spiral that Gopher Football has been stuck in for most of the past 43 seasons is that ALL of the local sports media reporters, columnists, radio sports jokeys, tv blow-dry sports anchors MUST be driven from the Twin Cities newspapers, radio statons and television stations.

We have FIRED All our Football Coaches. We have gone through a number of administrative changes over the many decades of our wandering and wondering in the wilderness. We have abandoned an old stadium, played entirely too long in a damn dome stadium and have recently constructed and have started playing in our new on campus stadium. We have abandoned the "forever" flagship radio station that carried the Gophers and have taken the radio broadcasts to a station that has historically lambasted and mocked Gopher Football. Ray Christiansen finally retired. Gutter Helmet, Cambria and that Funeral Home no longer help sponsor Golden Gopher Football broadcasts on the "good neighbor..."

Nothing has worked.

We have fired the coaches who have had better success than the coaches we replaced them with.

Nothing has worked.

Here is my NEW and improved plan for healing Golden Gopher Football and returning it to a place of respectability within the Big Ten Conference.

ALL the sports media people in the Twin Cities HAVE to be DITCHED and THROWN UNDER THE BUS before this football program can survive and prosper. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It is all so clear. The answer should have been implemented and put into place DECADES ago.

Start with Sid Hartman. He talks about covering Paul Giel. He recalls when Bud Grant played for the Gophers. That was back in the 1940's. He's been here "...from BIERMAN...to Eternity..." And, the results for Golden Gopher Football, following the brief revival of 1960, 1961 and 1962...and the final fling in 1967, have been on the decline...just as Sid's returns have been much diminished with his sports "journalism..." skills.

Pat Reusse has been on the scene for well over forty years, and possibly the half century mark is within sight for him now. Once again, his work, coincides with the demise of Golden Gopher Football. From his days on the Pioneer Press...to his shamefully disloyal move over the River to the strib...to the endless Saturday Morning binges with Joe S. on KSTP Radio, to his larger role on KSTP to has cheap tv gigs...Only Sid can surpass reusse's role in the demise of Golden Gopher Football. Really, not many have had such a negative impact for such a long time.

The SID & DAVE SHOW on the good neighbor has been running for SO long, how could Gopher Football have stood a chance.

And the list goes on, and on, and on:

Powers, Sansevere and Charley Walters over in St. Paul at the pp. Shaver, Rosen, max, Schmidt on tv. Souhan, Scoggins and some more recent folks at both the strib and pp.

barerio (sp? who cares?), cole, doogieman, max, et, al on radio. They must ALL be sacrificed for the greater good of Golden Gopher Football.

It is OBVIOUS that their work has hampered, hindered and held back any positive progress the Golden Gopher Football Program could make. These people have all described in great detail and with great passion just how horrible the Gopher Football Program was. They have helped to have coaches fired.

How clear it ALL is to me now. It maybe never was the coaches...the players or the program. Maybe it NEVER was the stadium...the BRICKHOUSE, the DAMNDOME, or even TCF BANK STADIUM.

However, some of the problem did, indeed lie with administration. (Throw badger joel macturi UNDER the bus!)

AND: the rest of the story of the blame for the demise of Golden Gopher Football IS the fact, and can ONLY be the fact that we need to totally clean house and abandon any sports journalist that has been here at least a year,...five years...ten years...25 years, 50 years and 60 plus years.

Blame it on the media in the Twin Cities.

We have tried EVERYTHING else. This is the ONLY constant from the time they fired Bierman up until the day Coach Kill came to Minneapolis. Not only does the sports media in the Twin Cities suck, entierly too many of them have been around for entirely too long. They are not doing the Gopher Football any favors by hanging on so DARNED long. They have been here through pretty much the entire demise of the past half century. From the penthouse to the outhouse of college football at the U of M, these tired, old sports media members have led us down a narrowing, sad and slippery path to the Bottom of the Big Ten. Just think about it: EVERY bad thing that has happened to the Gopher Football Program has been written about, talked about and broadcast over the airwaves indiscriminantly by these sports media types who have most certainly overstayed their welcome. Out with the old IF you care about Gopher Football. In with the new! It is the ONLY possible solution fo the collapse of this football program AGAIN...

DUMP the sports media. They have ALL got to go! Thrown them under the bus NOW!

There NEEDS to be MANDATED early retirement for any sports media person in the Twin Cities who covers the Golden Gopher Football Program for One full season. The prexy and the ad MUST offer a BUY OUT to any and all radio, tv and print media people who cover, critiize and/or in any way, shape or form draw a salary for communicating over the public air ways or in the printed media about Gopher Football.

There you have it! This mandated buy out WILL achieve results!

; 0 )

Can we keep Gopher Lady and Natilie Kane?

killjoy, you are going to tailgate someone so closely you will start a road-rage incident. It's good to know that you will be right behind me so often though. You NEED to read everything that I post. You just may learn how to function a little better and my contrasts can only help make you a slightly more tolerable pest. You do dedicate your "so-called-life as a moniker..." trying to follow my posts.

Now, run along dop....sno...errrrrr....who ever you are...

I'll post again sometime soon and you can add your little bits of nothingness.

Oh well, who gives a crap what you do?

; 0 )

Can we keep Gopher Lady and Natilie Kane?

Not if they have been around as long as a lot of these media typers, blow drys and air-wave jockeys.

Anything over 25 years is entirely too long...

I think Gopher Lady and Natillie Kane are probably ok for a few more decades...

; 0 )

Oh wren.....

It's good to know that you will be right behind me so often. You do dedicate your "so-called-life as a moniker..." trying to follow my posts.

Now, run along dop....sno...errrrrr....who ever you are...

I'll post again sometime soon and you can add your little bits of nothingness.

Oh well, who gives a crap what you do?

; 0 )

.....what happened to your touted sense of humor? A little while ago you were telling everybody to lighten up. Oh, I forgot, you really only like to give advice but are not willing to receive any. LOL

Take advice? Sure. But not from some sick-o like you killjoy, the stalker...

; 0 )

Would you mind saying that again, but give me the full version, not just the scaled-down version. I'd like a few more details.

If the Vikings leave the pressure on the Gophers football team will automatically jump up a level or two. All focus would be on them. It would be interesting to see what would happen.

jovs,

1. This would be a good problem to have, but it is not going to happen. The NFL / Stadium Construction organized crime cartel would never cede the metropolitan Twin Cities and greater Minnesota football sports market to the Big Ten Conference.

2. Even if they did let it happen, it would only be temporary, as a new NFL team would be inserted into the Twin Cities quickly, just like it was done in Cleveland. Anything the NFL does going forward in the Twin Cities / Minnesota market will be to maximize profit for the NFL, extract public taxpayer money from the citizens of the State of Minnesota to build a new billion dollar stadium for the benefit of the NFL and her partners in organized crime, the stadium construction industry.

3. So the scenario would repeat much like it did in Cleveland. City / State refuses to purchase new stadium for NFL franchise. Franchise moves. City / State panics and builds new stadium with public money to bring back NFL franchise. New NFL franchise established with old name. Extortion of public money for organized crime NFL / stadium construction industry is complete and a roaring financial success. Rust belt public is happy again, even though NFL football team is mediocre, and they are another $500,000,000 in debt. They have no job but they have their beloved Browns.

Yea Right wren

Take advice? Sure. But not from some sick-o like you killjoy, the stalker...

; 0 )

So I am stalker because I call you on your hypocitical and inconsisent comments and logic but it ok for you to say what ever you want and to attack anybody that doesn't agree with you. Get real wren!

Top Bottom