And everybody falls in line just like always

Billy M

Reaction score
Just like it always plays out, all the threats of players transferring and a continued revolt and "nobody wanting to play for this administration" was just as real as the players vowing not to play the bowl game unless the 10 players suspensions were lifted. The fear of everyone transferring was as hollow as a log. All the bellowing over the injustice done to Claeys is already forgotten and everyone has jumped in to row the boat. Tracy who???

The players want to be taken seriously and talk a big game but that was all it ever was......talk. Everybody moans a firing for the few days between when the old regime ends and the new regime begins and then it is back to hugs and Hallmark cards.

Just stating facts. No more. No less. Counterpoints?

I've only seen a max of 10 (many I haven't heard of) show support on Twitter. I bet there's still more departures than normal. Hope I'm wrong, but considering this administration, I wouldn't hold it against the players for leaving

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I voted no in the "Was firing Claeys the Right Decision?" poll. Three days later I bought a plane ticket to Pasadena after watching the Fleck presser. I am curious what the P in PJ stands for so I can name my first born son accordingly.

You may want to give it more than 12 hours before declaring no one will transfer, etc. just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only seen a max of 10 (many I haven't heard of) show support on Twitter. I bet there's still more departures than normal. Hope I'm wrong, but considering this administration, I wouldn't hold it against the players for leaving

There will be almost no transfers outside the 10 in the report. If they want to play football sitting out a year if u transfer is a stuff penalty. Willing to bet no more than 2 or 3 others actually leave.

There will be almost no transfers outside the 10 in the report. If they want to play football sitting out a year if u transfer is a stuff penalty. Willing to bet no more than 2 or 3 others actually leave.

I hope you're right, but I have a suspicion there will be more unfortunately. No inside knowledge, just a doom and gloom MN sports fan feeling

I predict that up to 5, or more, will transfer.

CAN they get out of their scholarships?

The NCAA is criminal in how they handle this sort of thing. If only amateur athletes were real people, that is.

I hope you're right, but I have a suspicion there will be more unfortunately. No inside knowledge, just a doom and gloom MN sports fan feeling

I think thats safe. There will undoubtably be kids that don't get with the row the boat mantra. There will also be those that see they aren't going to be a fit in his offense (QBs?)...

Likely has little to do with the issues of the last couple weeks and more to do with a change in leadership.

I didn't like being in that car accident but I sure like my new car.

What is the usual attrition for a program? 5 players per season? 8? 10?

Just like it always plays out, all the threats of players transferring and a continued revolt and "nobody wanting to play for this administration" was just as real as the players vowing not to play the bowl game unless the 10 players suspensions were lifted. The fear of everyone transferring was as hollow as a log. All the bellowing over the injustice done to Claeys is already forgotten and everyone has jumped in to row the boat. Tracy who???

The players want to be taken seriously and talk a big game but that was all it ever was......talk. Everybody moans a firing for the few days between when the old regime ends and the new regime begins and then it is back to hugs and Hallmark cards.

Not sure if you realize this but there is still plenty of time for players to transfer. This isn't like picking where you're going out to eat on a Friday night. It's a difficult decision that can take some time.

Don't kid yourself. There is a lot of repair work that needs to be done. You have ex players and ex coaches bashing the program. It may not hurt them immediately, but it will catch up with them. Imagine if Richard Coffey held a grudge against the University. Would Amir be here right now? You don't want to live with that baggage. If I were Fleck, unless he's more concerned about his next move, I'd ask the University to invest time and money to win back the ex players that have been offended by the recent actions of the administration.

I voted no in the "Was firing Claeys the Right Decision?" poll. Three days later I bought a plane ticket to Pasadena after watching the Fleck presser. I am curious what the P in PJ stands for so I can name my first born son accordingly.

Phillip John

Don't kid yourself. There is a lot of repair work that needs to be done. You have ex players and ex coaches bashing the program. It may not hurt them immediately, but it will catch up with them. Imagine if Richard Coffey held a grudge against the University. Would Amir be here right now? You don't want to live with that baggage. If I were Fleck, unless he's more concerned about his next move, I'd ask the University to invest time and money to win back the ex players that have been offended by the recent actions of the administration.

I completely agree. It doesn't seem like Kaler gets it, I didn't read the article just going off the headline, and Coyle needs to put his ego in check and repair the damage. He didn't seem to acknowledge the rift and thinks communication is fine, he's a f*&(%#& idiot if that's what he actually thinks.

Who Could Predict

When discussing the the number of transfers after the firing of Tracy...how many people thought we'd have a coach in 3 days? Typical University procedure is a month long process minimum. How long did it take to hire an athletic director? How long to hire Kill and Pitino? Factor in Coyle's handling of anything and it's a shock we have a coach in 3 days.

Now factor in the coach is PJ Fleck, the perceived hottest coaching prospect in college football and shock is mild to describe what has occurred.

So, with that projection versus the reality of where we are tonight...flipping recruits...building the perception others are dying to be here. Add the personality of PJ...no, I don't think many guys are leaving. And those that do will be replaced rather quickly, I believe. PJ is going to generate excitement. There will be people who want to be here. We will be fine.

I don't think anyone outside of Mark Coyle could see things happening as they have. It still doesn't exonerate him for his utter bungling of how we got here. Certainly didn't have to be this path to get to this spot.

Players are going to do what is in their best interest as they should. We still haven't seen where guys like Sawvell land...that could have an impact.

I am excited about the hiring of Fleck but the U is not it's fans, players, coaches or students...it is the BoR, legislature, lawyers and accountants. And right now the Coyle/Kaler disaster is $5 million in buy outs and now have more than doubled our coaching costs every year, haven't funded the new athletic facilities fully and we still don't know about any lawsuits, privacy violations and the upcoming Title IX investigation into breaking the privacy laws that are sure to follow.

If Fleck wins 9 games next year he merely matches what Claeys did...from an optics standpoint we just spend millions to basically get the same results and some cool slogans. Long term I love the hire and think if the U had been willing to open the bank accounts years ago we could have moved into the upper echelon then instead of Brewster and Kill who were both hired on the cheap.

In the end, I won't support the Coyle/Kaler, will continue to email the Regents at every opportunity to point out stupid stuff those guys do and hope both are gone come May.

Top Bottom