And all the things that we Gopher Fans have experienced, seen, felt and stated...

imthewalrus

Reaction score
today are the direct result of the Gophers Big Ten Football Win. Can there be any doubt that for a Big Ten Coach, winning a Big Ten game (ESPECIALLY a border battle rivalry game), during a really tough first season greatly enhances his chance of having success in his football coaching tenure at the Unviersity of Minnesota?

This win, for Coach Kill, his staff, ALL the players, the students and fans of all ages provides such an infusion of positive energy, even if for only this day. That positive energy and the genuine happiness and feeling of celebration helps to put a foundation on the prospects for the future.

This will NOT be a "zero for eight" FIRST Big Ten Season for Coach Kill and his staff. That dire possibility has now officially been eleminated. In fact, suddenly there is some hope for the remaining games in the Big Ten THIS season. From this one Big Ten win, I believe that HOPE springs for the only people that really matter here: Hope for the players...Hope for the students...Hope for the Fans of all ages and renual of the belief of the Coach and his Staff that what they KNOW they still KNOW. This in turn will help their players KNOW that their coaches KNOW what they say they KNOW.

This is the one win EVERYONE who is involved with Golden Gopher Football has been waiting for. This win, a TROPHY GAME win, no less tells me that this 2011 season is NOT a wasted season in any way, shape or form. It has been and it is a difficult season and a season that has had it's trials, disappointments and struggles. And yet, with this single Big Ten win, we have ALL experenced so many nice things on this 29th day of October. This is a BIG DEAL because the 29th of October, 2011 is a BIG TEN SATURDAY GAME DAY! This Big Ten win has provided an instillation of HOPE for so many people today.

Just a glimpse...just a little taste...just the start of a vision, And, it is SO good that we have all had the chance to experience just a little taste of a single success...a single Big Ten win...a single border battle trophy win during Coach Kill's first season here at the University of Minnesota.

This is how the building of a program can start. ONE Big Ten win is not all that much. But, it is a start. Our Gopher Team showed up, hung around and started taking over the game! And they BEAT iowa.

A good friend of mine always says that the Gopher Program can ONLY improve and become competetive as a result of wins. A win here...another win there...and slowly, sometimes seemingly too slowly: this football program will become a better football program. I am pretty sure that this win over iowa today is an exact example of what my friend means. Our Golden Gopher Football Program started to get just a little bit better today than it was yesterday with this Big Ten win.

Congratulations to Coach Kill, his staff and ALL of the players! This win was NOT such a big deal in a very LARGE sort of way! Or, maybe it was a HUGE deal in a very small sort of way. I'm not sure. But, it got my attenton!

; 0 )

Top Bottom