An emotional Jeff Horton nearly made me lose it

MSGopher

Reaction score
Man that postgame on-field interview was one of the most memorable moments in recent Gopher history for me. A happy, emotional Horton getting the chance to say, "these kids are not losers and neither are our coaches" was completely awesome. Wonder if there is any way we can keep this guy on staff in some capacity.

I look at it that this has been a half-season long job interview for Horton's next job. Good job of holding them together, it's so easy for a team to totally melt down. I can't see him staying on next year, but I think he'll be landing another job soon.

Nice. Any video of this?

I do not see how Horton does not get another job after keeping this team together under unimaginable negative circumstances. Good job coach Horton.

I'm very happy for Horton, he's a real class act. Also did anyone see him get the gatorade bath? He was running away from it but someone still got him.

Great win for the boys. Horton has done what Tim never could - beat a BCS team after October 31st.

I didn't see that clip, but dang it he's right. There's a lot of pride and fight in those kids, and every one of those coaches is a professional. If there could only be one more win this season after Brew got fired, I'm glad to see it come late. It proves that the team hasn't quit.

He won't have any trouble finding a job next year.

Man that postgame on-field interview was one of the most memorable moments in recent Gopher history for me. A happy, emotional Horton getting the chance to say, "these kids are not losers and neither are our coaches" was completely awesome. Wonder if there is any way we can keep this guy on staff in some capacity.

Were his children there? What kids are he talking about?

MSgopher, you are right on the money!

The kids, the coaches and Coach Horton have done a fantastic job. To me, a Big Ten win...ANY Big Ten win...EVERY Big Ten win is a huge accomplishment. The kids and the coaches and coach Horton brought home a Big Ten win today and as far as I am concerned, this season is ending on a very successful note. This is the game that will help me remember the 2010 Golden Gopher Football Team. This was a GREAT come from behind Big Ten win on the road in one of the great, historical Big Ten stadiums. Congratulations to each and every player, coach and especially Coach Horton. I like Coach Horton a lot! He will be a great addition to any coaching staff and would look good on the Gopher's sideline in some coaching capacity.

He's right. They deserve better than they'e gotten from SOME "fans" of the team.

What a strange set of emotions I had after winning this game. I actually felt happy, and reminded how good a win feels, especially on the road. I'm extremely happy for the team and the coaching staff, it shows that not only is there talent on our squad (which we Gopher fans knew anyways), but also that they still have the will to win. Now an extra week to get ready for an Iowa that got stunned by NU - I like our chances. Nothing to lose, just play.

I guess some programs NEVER learn then. It seems as though it would have been mighty wise to have kept a coach around when there has been a change of coaches the LAST time. It wouldn't have hurt the juniors and seniors at all. Mason kept one coach around from the Wacker staff when he came in. Brewster gutted the place and he promptly went 1-11 and 0-8 in Big Ten play. As I stated, it would appear that some programs NEVER do learn if Studewll55 is correct( and he probably is correct). All I can say is that the new coach had best be damn good at evaluating talent and had better be able to communicate with his older returning players. The University of Minnesota Football program must NEVER go 0-8 or worse in Big Ten play again...new total coaching change or not. IF the new coach is all that much, he had better win a bunch of Big Ten games in his first season...

He's right. They deserve better than they'e gotten from SOME "fans" of the team.

Hard for me to blame anyone for their reaction to this season. For the most diehard fans, myself included, this season has meant great embarrassment, anger, sadness, and pain. I don't know who deserves what but to just get that win was incredibly cathartic and you could see that on the field as Horton, and apparently Coaches Cross and Lewis were openly crying. Who would have thought 2-9 could feel so good.

Good grief, keep the negative stuff out of at least one post people.

I'm proud of the guys and the coaches and am so happy for their hard work paying off today.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

I am glad he broke his losing streak. I wish him all the best in future.

I heard that too. That was good. No cliche with tremendous, extremely, battled, etc. It was a thoughtful, authentic response. It was refreshing considering the tired garage we've been getting fed the past handful of years

Top Bottom