Amount of Neb fans?

Maroon92

Reaction score
I was not as the game- what was the estimate of Cornhusker fans at the game?

I believe the allotment is 3000. That was taken plus more.

Really ended up hating the "Gooooooo Biiiiiig Reeeeeeed" cheer by the end.

They have a strong and loud fan base. We should strive to be more like them.

My estimate is that there were 8K to 8.5K in red.

I had the same estimate. Gotta give them credit for showing up in force despite being 2-4.

Still, it was a much smaller percentage of the stadium (~15%) compared to the Dome days when IA/WI fans would invade.

Lots of live here in the cities. Not like they traveled everyone.

I thought it was around at least 20% nebraska fans. I would guess 10000-12000. It was less than previous nebraska years but still way too many. The first time Nebraska came to the bank I swear that crowd was 50/50.

Lots of live here in the cities. Not like they traveled everyone.

Not only that I think there's a significant amount of overlap between the fan bases, Nebraska transplants who are Gopher fans, but still wear red when the two play each other. I heard "I'm from MN, I'm a gopher fan too" from a couple folks coming out of the stadium. Kinda makes sense if you were used to college football saturdays growing up in nebraska but moved here. Adopt a B1G team for seeing once in awhile live and have your huskers in the Big12 on TV.

I thought it was around at least 20% nebraska fans. I would guess 10000-12000. It was less than previous nebraska years but still way too many. The first time Nebraska came to the bank I swear that crowd was 50/50.

Nothing compares to the NDSU invasion tho.

I'd guess 10-12k.

I think it was the 2nd most ever visiting fans behind the 1st game Nebraska had here in 2011.

I live out in SW MN. On Sunday, I was at the convenience store getting some lawnmower gas, and at the next pump, there was a guy and his kid wearing Nebraska shirts. I yelled over "at least one of us is happy today," and we talked for a little bit. They said it was a big win after the 4 close losses.

Top Bottom