Amelia Rayno - Nightly recap: Enfield to USC, Tubby to Texas Tech

BBQ Platypus

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/200985451.html

Apart from announcing these two things which we already know, Amelia had this to say.

Some names that could get more life in the coming days:

Tim Floyd (UTEP)
Tad Boyle (Colorado)
Archie Miller (Dayton)
Chris Mooney (Richmond)
Tony Bennett (Virginia)

Gregg Marshall is clearly a surviving fan favorite along with Buzz Williams, but with Wichita State in the Final Four, it limits any possible discussions. Marshall has also turned down big offers in the past, and has made it clear that he values happiness – what do you think he has right now? -- over more money or a step up. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but I feel like it would need to be a special situation, and I’m not sure Minnesota is that for him.

Please please PLEASE don't let it be Tim Floyd.

Tim Floyd is older than Flip AND has baggage...I can't believe he'd actually be considered.

Greg McDermott? If his son leaves school for the NBA would he be a possibility?

Greg McDermott? If his son leaves school for the NBA would he be a possibility?
'

I'd rather go with an unknown assistant/mid-major coach than a BCS re-tread like McDermott.

Nice callagain by THE SCOUT! on Enfield not coming to the frozen north

Youre way behind Replacement Gopher. So far I've called no Izzo, coach K, Hoiberg, Stevens, and Phil Jackson just name a few.

You have a ways to go before you start patting yourself on the back me boy.

Enfield came home to model wife with bags of Vicky Secret purchases in her arms and said honey, "we've got two offers on the table, Minnesota and USC. What do you think we should do?"

Mrs. said: "I can't wear these clothes in the Twin Cities!"

Enfield came home to model wife with bags of Vicky Secret purchases in her arms and said honey, "we've got two offers on the table, Minnesota and USC. What do you think we should do?"

Mrs. said: "I can't wear these clothes in the Twin Cities!"

But the gopher faithful will say we cooled on him and it is a smoke screen.

I think it is fantastic that you congratulate yourself so often. No one else does, and someone has to. Just don't tear your rotator cuff.

If the Vatican had used this many smokescreens , they wouldn't have had anything left to burn when they actually picked a Pope.

Well, it could be true:

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson 7h
Have confirmation on 2 fronts before bedtime: #Gophers never formally interviewed Enfield, & Tubby's TT deal: 6 years, north of $1.7M/year.

Top Bottom