Amazing how the GH thread and post traffic slows…

To be honest, I think it's more amusing to read the negative comments after a loss - purely for entertainment value. After a win, we tend to get a lot of posts about how wonderful Fleck is and how great the team is. And those get old pretty quick. But after a loss, the people who are melting down are hilarious.

For the same reason, I always listen to the Vikings' post-game call-in shows after a loss just to hear the drunk fans losing their minds.
there is truth to that

There was also a lot of traffic last week after the Miami game just from anticipation of the Colorado game, clearly the focal part of the nonConf season as rare Power 5 road game, plus fans working out their travel plans, getting their tickets, non-attendees trying to jump through hoops to watch it on TV etc.

A lot of fans didn't even see the game due to PAC 12 Network lack of availability, me included, so that reduces the amount of chatter.

This week, home game against a MAC foe, Bowling Green. What's the talking point with them? Brewster losing in his Gopher debut to them back in 2007?

It seems expectations are higher this season given Fleck's comments before the season started.

When a HC says, paraphrasing, "This is my best team since arriving", fans want to believe it. The first two games certainly raised concerns.
Losing to Ohio St. raised concerns?

Well, losing an All-American Running Back to a season ending injury certainly raised a concern in the Ohio St game. Plus giving up 4 TDs over 50 yds was also concerning, regardless how good the Buckeyes are on offense.

So yes, in plural there were concerns.

A veteran team like what Fleck has shouldn't have had any problems dealing with a tOSU team breaking in a freshman QB and a bunch of other new starters.

And a road game for all those newbies to boot.

So yeah, it raised concerns.

A veteran team like what Fleck has shouldn't have had any problems dealing with a tOSU team breaking in a freshman QB and a bunch of other new starters.

And a road game for all those newbies to boot.

So yeah, it raised concerns.
Yeah I wish Bama was on the schedule with all their new starters vs our veteran team…would be a cake walk. How did we not beat OSU with ease? We were only a 13 point underdog.

Last edited:

Traffic slows cause all the new posters don’t come on to post for the first time to let us know they are done with the team.

Well, losing an All-American Running Back to a season ending injury certainly raised a concern in the Ohio St game. Plus giving up 4 TDs over 50 yds was also concerning, regardless how good the Buckeyes are on offense.

So yes, in plural there were concerns.
See bringing up stuff like that...totally legit. There absolutely were concerns coming out of the Ohio State game, there were also a lot of positive signs.

Doing what Boomtime does time and time again....yeah not so much. Apparently we should have just steamrolled Ohio State in his opinion. I mean sure he is the only person with that opinion but yeah....totally valid.

Win or lose, I visit pretty much every day during the season. I find things relatively tolerable in here after a loss compared to the StarTribune comments. I find most GHers have some sense of reality and know something about college football; over at the Strib it's more like President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho's cabinet figured out how to connect to the internet.
But it has electrolytes. It's what plants crave.

As Ski U Mah pointed out is traffic == posts, because if it isn't then OP's point stands
There are quite a few people who just like to read, and not post. Seems weird to me, but they're out there in droves.

And GopherHole still gets paid the same for them.

At least Gopher football is relevant to so many people now. I remember the bad old days when few people cared about Gopher football. I was thrilled to see the Gophers' first appearance in the Sun Bowl or any bowl game for that matter. Not many people shared my enthusiasm.

There are quite a few people who just like to read, and not post. Seems weird to me, but they're out there in droves.

And GopherHole still gets paid the same for them.
With the highest posts / day of anyone here I assume we all seem a little weird to you 😉

I assume the bulk of people just like to read the posts. I lurked for years and then once I joined I don't think I was a contributor for years -- now I have descended into degeneracy and love college football.

Edit: Oh and I also have an office job that gives me computer access. For some reason working in kitchens wasn't conducive to being a prolific poster.

Last edited:

See bringing up stuff like that...totally legit. There absolutely were concerns coming out of the Ohio State game, there were also a lot of positive signs.

Doing what Boomtime does time and time again....yeah not so much. Apparently we should have just steamrolled Ohio State in his opinion. I mean sure he is the only person with that opinion but yeah....totally valid.
You're confusing people. Are we supposed to believe Fleck or not?

Oregon kinda proved to the football world that tOSU has lots of holes. At this point, tOSU might be the #3 team in the East.

I'm happy that the Gopher defense can improve from the Miami game. And we really aren't playing any offensive juggernauts anytime soon... so the defense can fine tune the weak spots.

Not sure why you can't look at things objectively?

This week, home game against a MAC foe, Bowling Green. What's the talking point with them? Brewster losing in his Gopher debut to them back in 2007?
They may pull this up in the film room for the lolz

Revenge game against Ali Saad?

The remembrance of the Bowling Green Massacre? #neverforget

Open talk of gambling is now cool so it can just be...cover that spread!

Thanks. That is exactly what I meant.
You're pretty much right with the OP, although it's not really the overall traffic, just the disappearance of a number of posters, that don't really need to be specifically labeled

You're pretty much right with the OP, although it's not really the overall traffic, just the disappearance of a number of posters, that don't really need to be specifically labeled
thugs and gangstas -- amirite?

He's a genius! He doesn't have to look anything up. That's why I agreed with him in the 2nd post!
And yet was 100% correct. Highest thread starts are after a loss…damn facts.

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffal…Minnesota Gopher fans. Instead of some individuals predictably ripping on each other for the mostly harmless spectrum of opinions and overreactions (and a handful of truly trollish posters) after losses or ugly wins how about some of you focus some derision on the fine folks over at eg Buckyville where a certain banned individual with some stalker-ish has issues with Minnesota fans, Gopherhole, and one PJF. Check out the weekly MN threads...really wierd. You may find your own posts featured from time to time.

I‘d bet most readers just like to hear what other fans think, good, bad, or indifferent. Echo chambers? Meh.

False. You said post traffic. Mods provided info that you're wrong.
Did they? They said traffic is up after wins vs loss -- the more interesting thing is whether posts are up after losses -- which I am not sure they said.

Did they? They said traffic is up after wins vs loss -- the more interesting thing is whether posts are up after losses -- which I am not sure they said.
You're right. That is potentially a difference.

I don't believe that posts are down after a win. HwM might have hit a lucky guess that fewer threads are started -- which is completely meaningless.

If mods say there are fewer posts, then I'm wrong. Otherwise, HwM is wrong.

You're right. That is potentially a difference.

I don't believe that posts are down after a win. HwM might have hit a lucky guess that fewer threads are started -- which is completely meaningless.

If mods say there are fewer posts, then I'm wrong. Otherwise, HwM is wrong.
If the staff reads we want to know if posts on the football forum is up -- as again I am not sure if their previous statement meant that traffic was up on this forum or on the site in general.

Top Bottom