Alright, now who?

GoldenMAV30266

Reaction score
My opinion has changed on this probably 100 times with kids entering the portal and committing elsewhere..

But currently, I’d like to see them sign:
Ken Evans
Brennan Rigsby
Atin Wright
Trey Edmonds/Kasean Pryor/Seydou Traore

I think if that happened, I’m still thinking they are better than last year. Subject to change every 15 minutes.

My opinion has changed on this probably 100 times with kids entering the portal and committing elsewhere..

Ken Evans
Brennan Rigsby
Atin Wright

I think if that happened, I’m still thinking they are better than last year. Subject to change every 15 minutes.

I think the best strategy right now is to embrace uncertainty. Don't get too caught up in hoping for any particular player. See who comes to campus and hope for the best. We didn't think much about Elijah Hawkins last offseason until shortly before he arrived on campus. We were more caught up in talk about Charles Pride, Latrell Wrightsell, and Claudell Harris.

I think the best strategy right now is to embrace uncertainty. Don't get too caught up in hoping for any particular player. See who comes to campus and hope for the best. We didn't think much about Elijah Hawkins last offseason until shortly before he arrived on campus. We were more caught up in talk about Charles Pride, Latrell Wrightsell, and Claudell Harris.
True. And tbh, when one of these kids commits somewhere else I’ll just add someone else to the list 😅

Also Wrightsell was a damn near 45% 3 point shooter this year. Pride was 40% 😭

True. And tbh, when one of these kids commits somewhere else I’ll just add someone else to the list 😅

Also Wrightsell was a damn near 45% 3 point shooter this year. Pride was 40% 😭

Yes, all three of those players mentioned did well for their new schools this year so they certainly were worthwhile recruits but I think Hawkins gave us more than any one of them would have last season. Now we'll have to go with a different strategy but I guess our motto from now on has to be "out with the old and in with the new."

Let's be honest, we just want to see the Gophers sign any free agent (that has a pulse).
What is the roster count at now??

Are we even going to replace all departing bodies with other warm bodies before the portal window closes??

Graduate transfers can transfer at any time, even outside the portal windows. At least there is that

Are we even going to replace all departing bodies with other warm bodies before the portal window closes??

Graduate transfers can transfer at any time, even outside the portal windows. At least there is that
Kids have to be in the portal by May 1. They can commit anytime after. Grad students can enter and transfer at any time.

Thanks for clarifying the former bit. I forget that part and think of it as shutting off the commitments.

I mean if it gets to whatever month, Aug? They’ll just load in warm bodies to fill it up.

Transferred out:
PP
Hawkins
KK
JOJ
Carrington
II

Transferred in:
Mitchell

Out of eligibility:
Wilson

HS Recruits:
Asuma
Grove

So we have 4 scholarships to use if math is correct.

Transferred out:
PP
Hawkins
KK
JOJ
Carrington
II

Transferred in:
Mitchell

Out of eligibility:
Wilson

HS Recruits:
Asuma
Grove

We have Mitchell, Mitchell, Garcia, Betts, Grove, Asuma, Christie, Fox = 8 guys if Christie stays.

5 left by my count

Thanks for clarifying the former bit. I forget that part and think of it as shutting off the commitments.
It's an easy association to make. I had to look it up myself to be sure. Basically if the kids are in line come May 1, they can make a move.

At least until the next lawsuit is filed allowing kids to transfer anytime they want. While we are at it, let's just go to in-game transfers. Maximize the opportunities. :)

Transferred out:
PP
Hawkins
KK
JOJ
Carrington
II

Transferred in:
Mitchell

Out of eligibility:
Wilson

HS Recruits:
Asuma
Grove

One of the walk-ons (Purcell I think) also had a scholarship that is now available. However, that's virtually assured to happen again. Possibly 2 of them. Perhaps 3.

One of the walk-ons (Purcell I think) also had a scholarship that is now available. However, that's virtually assured to happen again. Possibly 2 of them. Perhaps 3.

That makes sense. Yeah, CBJ has a lot of work to do.

Ken Evans
Brennan Rigsby
Atin Wright

Can we start recruiting from the Soulful Strutters😀

That is tragic to think about...

Can we start recruiting from the Soulful Strutters😀
I have an idea too.

Let's hope we actually ARE forced to bring in singers, offensive linemen, and people off the street to fill the team. Let's really bottom out.

Let's make it so bad that it makes national headlines. Let's go on a 3 year losing streak...winless...blown out by an average of 40 points per game.

This is the way to bring attention to the issue. Without attention, things stay the same.

Top Bottom