Allstate in negotiations to buy naming rights to the Big XII

Naming rights for NIL? Can they do that? If they are paying the school for naming rights can those funds go to players? Isn’t that the same as the school paying the players? Pretty much anything is possible these days.

I think the real bottom line is this - the B12 and ACC may be P4 conferences, but they are not in the same financial level as the B1G and SEC.

you really have two levels in the P4 - the top 2 and the other 2. B12 and ACC are the other 2. they don't like it and they are afraid of falling further behind. fear leads to desperation, which leads to desperate measures.

you have ACC teams fighting with each other and filing lawsuits back and forth in hopes of getting out of the GOR and maybe moving up to the top 2 conferences. and now the B12 talking about selling naming rights or selling part of the conference to a capital equity firm.

the Gophers may not be a big dog in the Big Ten, but it's a heck of a lot better to be a little dog in the big-money conference than it is to be a big dog in the little-money conference.

I wouldn't be overjoyed if I was an Allstate customer. They just raised homeowner rates 22% across the country on average
HUGE BINGO ON THIS STATEMENT. Happening with all insurance companies especially with health insurance companies. Why should we be paying for all that crap? My insurance is soaring like everyone else. Good grief, when will American learn?

I think the real bottom line is this - the B12 and ACC may be P4 conferences, but they are not in the same financial level as the B1G and SEC.

you really have two levels in the P4 - the top 2 and the other 2. B12 and ACC are the other 2. they don't like it and they are afraid of falling further behind. fear leads to desperation, which leads to desperate measures.

you have ACC teams fighting with each other and filing lawsuits back and forth in hopes of getting out of the GOR and maybe moving up to the top 2 conferences. and now the B12 talking about selling naming rights or selling part of the conference to a capital equity firm.

the Gophers may not be a big dog in the Big Ten, but it's a heck of a lot better to be a little dog in the big-money conference than it is to be a big dog in the little-money conference.

If it truly becomes ONLY about money (already there?) one day the big programs are going to question why they keep the little sisters of the poor around. Tradition? Academic alliances? Hmm.

The Big Ten contract is only seven years. The SEC a bit longer. They could break those, maybe even with the blessings of the big networks.

Maybe fans will revolt. Maybe not.

Why sponsor the Big XII when the Deion Sanders family is probably willing to sell naming rights for a few million less? Think of all the free publicity the company would get if so closely associated with Deion and his sons, who are always in the news!

Top Bottom