All Time Ratings

Be nice to go on a little streak, get a little help and slide into #15 ahead of a dropping Wisconsin.

And does somebody need to double check the math on Nebraska?

Be nice to go on a little streak, get a little help and slide into #15 ahead of a dropping Wisconsin.

And does somebody need to double check the math on Nebraska?
I think if you did this calculation in 2005 Nebraska would probably be number 1

I get that it's fun to shit on Nebraska but people have to understand this is an all-time ranking, and 6 years of Nebraska being bad doesn't wipe out their whole history. From 1962-2001 they won 44 more games than the next program in CFB - that's incredible no matter how you slice it.

I get that it's fun to shit on Nebraska but people have to understand this is an all-time ranking, and 6 years of Nebraska being bad doesn't wipe out their whole history. From 1962-2001 they won 44 more games than the next program in CFB - that's incredible no matter how you slice it.
Sounds like they needed 44 more games of Scott Frost. Just to even things out a bit....

tried to find out more about the KFord Ratings. couldn't find an explanation of what goes into the ratings.

but, FWIW, in his 2023 pre-season ratings, he has MN at 31 nationally.

However, in his B1G pre-season chart, he has MN tied with Illinois for 3rd in the B1G West.

Dinks developed the kford rating! Boise State? Why? Because they're crowning achievement was beating OU in a NYD bowl and dominating bad G5 teams for a 5-6 year period?

Dinks developed the kford rating! Boise State? Why? Because they're crowning achievement was beating OU in a NYD bowl and dominating bad G5 teams for a 5-6 year period?
Boise State because in the history of the program they have
18 10+-win seasons
4 8-9 win seasons
2 6-7 win seasons
3 seasons with 5 or fewer wins (the first two years of the program and a 5-2 2020)

I do not have a clue where KFORD gets its data but I very seriously doubt that they can determine any number to three significant figures.
If you round up the numbers to two significant figures they form groups of two to three teams which is closer to reality.
For example, WA, MN, and IA would be ranked the same.

You should probably look a little closer at Boise's history...
What history? They've been an FBS level program since Clinton's second term. They've had some nice bowl wins and beat up on the Sister's of the Poor in the WAC/MWC. At the very least, they're too high on the list! In any P5 conference, they're a 9 win max team!

Boise State because in the history of the program they have
18 10+-win seasons
4 8-9 win seasons
2 6-7 win seasons
3 seasons with 5 or fewer wins (the first two years of the program and a 5-2 2020)
Plus being a Top 25 team 13 times since 2002, and obviously a very good program at other levels as well.

Plus being a Top 25 team 13 times since 2002, and obviously a very good program at other levels as well.
And they only rate seasons that teams are at FBS level.
So Boise state not having a team until the 90s is factored as an NA
Not a bad team

In 1899 when MN was ranked in the top 6 of a 30 team Division 1 ranking, it put them as a top 80% team, just like when Boise finished 40 in 1990 out of a 200 teams. Obviously this isn't about when a team started playing Division 1, but where it ends up being ranked. Not sure what ranking they use, but I think the logic of what they are doing is sound. It is not about national championships, but how one is overall ranked in program history. Boise State for its short lived life has consistently been in the top 30% of teams. Take these for what they are worth, an interesting numeric way to break down teams.

Top Bottom