All things Xavier Johnson thread

crazysauce

Reaction score
Just watched this kid play in the tournament and would love to see him as a gopher. Plays for Hopkins with Coffey but this kid is really good. Does this kid have any offers? I want this kid on the Gophers.

The only way I see him as a gopher is if he's a preferred walk-on. He's a D3 or D2 type guy

The only way I see him as a gopher is if he's a preferred walk-on. He's a D3 or D2 type guy

Agreed. He's much smaller than former teammate Stephon Sharpe and I don't think he's any more skilled. D2 level perhaps. I do think El Amin - a junior - might be able to play D1 level ball, though.

Agreed. He's much smaller than former teammate Stephon Sharpe and I don't think he's any more skilled. D2 level perhaps. I do think El Amin - a junior - might be able to play D1 level ball, though.

So do the three D1 teams that have already offered.

The kid was the best player on the court in that game. Reminds me of the good dre mathieu. Such a pesky defender and speed for days with a great handle and feel for thw game. His only drawback was his size but thats a dumb reason not to take him as there have been plenty of undersized pgs that have played and played well. Hope we at least give the kid a serious look.

This is not a serious thread is it? I believe Xavier started only half the games for Hopkins this year.

This is not a serious thread is it? I believe Xavier started only half the games for Hopkins this year.

Nobody said we should offer him chill out. Give credit where credit's due he had a nice state tourney, don't think anyone thought he would out play Tre Jones, that doesn't change Tre's long term prospects or Xavier's, he played well and earned the praise, but nobody thinks outside of being offered a walk on spot does he deserve to be on our team.

I scored 36 points in a game once my senior year. Why didn't the Gophers recruit me?

Oh yeah, I'm a 5'11" white guy with no handle.....at least I could dunk!

Top Bottom