All Things Weakling Wednesday

I do not see this was ever Officially updated.

G1 - #13 Rutgers vs #12 Maryland / 5:30 PM CDT
G2 - #14 Michigan vs #11 Penn St / 25 minutes after G1

Only the 3rd time the Gophers have missed out on the WW fun.

Last night I was checking out Resale Tix on AXS and saw several options for $5 (+ fees).

Today the App seemed to think I was a Bot, now matter what I did, so take that for what it's worth.
I was able to pass the Bot test. Tix down to $3 for WW.

I'm saying if we can gain even the slightest advantage, I'd skip it. Odds are that probably won't happen anyway. I just don't find much value in winning meaningless games. I mean, if we make it, ill watch and hope they win, but it doesn't mean anything.

I happened to be in the car today listening to Ben Johnson's radio show and he was asked about importance of NIT games and he made it clear he felt it would be very beneficial for this particular team to play postseason games.

However, and to your point, he later talked in depth about how scared he is of not having enough time for the transfer portal stuff while they are playing in the postseason. He referenced a friend who coached in the Final Four and how they were freaking out about being so far behind because of that.

So, I think we both have a point, but I do say after listening to the coach, I think your point on portal stuff is stronger than I originally thought.

I still think it makes sense to play in the NIT, but maybe not as earnestly has I was before.

I happened to be in the car today listening to Ben Johnson's radio show and he was asked about importance of NIT games and he made it clear he felt it would be very beneficial for this particular team to play postseason games.

However, and to your point, he later talked in depth about how scared he is of not having enough time for the transfer portal stuff while they are playing in the postseason. He referenced a friend who coached in the Final Four and how they were freaking out about being so far behind because of that.

So, I think we both have a point, but I do say after listening to the coach, I think your point on portal stuff is stronger than I originally thought.

I still think it makes sense to play in the NIT, but maybe not as earnestly has I was before.
We don't have any open scholarships at the moment....

We don't have any open scholarships at the moment....

Surely that won't be the case when the portal opens. The coaches surely know that, too, which is likely why the coach was talking about the scary part of that. Seemed to me he was fairly open about wanting early time studying and working the portal and adding to the roster. Maybe I was reading too much into his comments, but was posting mostly for the informative nature of it, rather than specific to this roster.

People are seriously suggesting coaches can't coach and work the portal at the same time?

Or just Ben Johnson can't?

People are seriously suggesting coaches can't coach and work the portal at the same time?

Or just Ben Johnson can't?
Hopefully he doesn’t try to chew gum and walk at the same time. If you get a chance at a post a tournament, you take it, the more games these kids can play together the better they’re going to be next year, for whoever stays I guess.

Top Bottom