All Things Transfer Portal News

Nebraska now hosting 3rd GA transfer in an OL. Saw a tweet that they could be at 100 players on scholarship by the end of the weekend. They would need 15 to be dropped from scholarship to get to 85. How does this work? Can they be over 85 during offseason? Difficult conversations going on to get 15 kids to leave.

Nebraska now hosting 3rd GA transfer in an OL. Saw a tweet that they could be at 100 players on scholarship by the end of the weekend. They would need 15 to be dropped from scholarship to get to 85. How does this work? Can they be over 85 during offseason? Difficult conversations going on to get 15 kids to leave.
You can definitely be over in the off season (we currently are) and I think you can be over for spring ball but I am not sure what the date is where it has to be back to 85.

You can definitely be over in the off season (we currently are) and I think you can be over for spring ball but I am not sure what the date is where it has to be back to 85.
I believe the date is by fall in person full camp roster, where you have to be at the 85 scholarship roster limit. I could be wrong about that, but I thought this is what it used to be.

I believe the date is by fall in person full camp roster, where you have to be at the 85 scholarship roster limit. I could be wrong about that, but I thought this is what it used to be.
Pretty sure that is right. There is another round of transfer portal activity after spring ball and then it seems like teams finalize their rosters for the fall and get back down to the scholarship limit before the start of camp.

I keep hearing that some might get NIL deals to keep them on the team as “walk-ons”. Wonder how that all shakes out and if some may already knew that when committing?

I keep hearing that some might get NIL deals to keep them on the team as “walk-ons”. Wonder how that all shakes out and if some may already knew that when committing?
This has become very common with NIL. Scholarship limits have essentially become irrelevant.

LB Jamari Buddin leaving PSU, I recall the gophers being among his final considerations out of high school. Wouldn’t be shocked if we were looking to add another LB and maybe some Oline/dline help in the portal
Just was checking potential LB/CB adds. Looks like Buddin is headed to play for Country Jer.

Surprised we haven’t seen this done in basketball yet.

Would assume basketball has a different set of rules and timelines in regards to scholarship limits and roster timelines.

Ex-Gopher D'Vion Harris transfers again - from Old Dominion to Colorado.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_143313_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_143313_Twitter.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 12

I think it's probably because of depth. Even with NIL money, do you really wanna be the 16th or 17th player on the team when you can start elsewhere? Even if the coach promises to keep rotating players, I'd still rather be in the top 7 on a different team.

“I think I can really help in Austin,” Carter told Inside Texas. “Great atmosphere, great environment, and warm weather. Tired of playing in Big Ten. Too cold.”

He also visited Arkansas, Illinois, and Ohio State.
Interesting choice, sounds like he’ll be in a rotation there, must not be a playing time related transfer.

Former four-star DB and Gopher commit Avante Dickerson. Played in 12 games as a true freshman but only one last year.

Top Bottom