All Things Transfer Portal News

I know this is going to sound like an old man yelling at the clouds, but I find it disturbing how many first/second year guys are transferring. I can understand an older guy who isn’t getting to play, but the number of guys who apparently think they should be handed things from day one is an indictment on that generation.

I know this is going to sound like an old man yelling at the clouds, but I find it disturbing how many first/second year guys are transferring. I can understand an older guy who isn’t getting to play, but the number of guys who apparently think they should be handed things from day one is an indictment on that generation.
Yup I understand and you don’t sound like an old man yelling at clouds. Just common sense, them youngsters can’t finish what they start . what makes think they will be finishers at Wisconsin.

Find this one interesting.

Arland Bruce IV started as a true Freshman and 4* at Iowa in 2021. Started again in 2022. Iowa's passing game has been terrible. He also had kick/punt returning experience.

He's in the portal and his two listed offers are currently Tulane and Fresno State.

Arland Bruce IV started as a true Freshman and 4* at Iowa in 2021. Started again in 2022. Iowa's passing game has been terrible. He also had kick/punt returning experience.

He's in the portal and his two listed offers are currently Tulane and Fresno State.
Would take him here if the staff wanted him, cause his dad helped us beat the Hawkeye's in Iowa City.

Their starter will be Mordecai.
Sounds right. Mordecai is likely the 2023 starter unless there's shocking progress by Evers or Locke. And then after 2023 spring practices, one of Evers or Locke will likely transfer if they're not #2. At best, they'll make it through the entire 2023 season and then transfer. That's the way the college football turns these days.

He's not that good

Aren’t they going to have like 8 QBs at this point? I don’t get it.
And Chase Wolf will probably still be their starter.
The five-year QB from SMU is predicted to be the starter.
I presume Fickell is keeping Wolf as a goodwill gesture.

Sounds right. Mordecai is likely the 2023 starter unless there's shocking progress by Evers or Locke. And then after 2023 spring practices, one of Evers or Locke will likely transfer if they're not #2. At best, they'll make it through the entire 2023 season and then transfer. That's the way the college football turns these days.
The Mordecai and Evers situation made sense. Mordecai for now, Evers for later. The third guy transferring in was surprising though because you are right that one of those two (Evers, Locke) might want to transfer if it looks like they aren't going to get the job but both will have used up their free transfer and would have to sit if they want to transfer again.

Good situation for Wisconsin but will be interesting to see how it shakes out with the players involved as it is highly likely that one of them ends up on the outside looking in.

The Mordecai and Evers situation made sense. Mordecai for now, Evers for later. The third guy transferring in was surprising though because you are right that one of those two (Evers, Locke) might want to transfer if it looks like they aren't going to get the job but both will have used up their free transfer and would have to sit if they want to transfer again.

Good situation for Wisconsin but will be interesting to see how it shakes out with the players involved as it is highly likely that one of them ends up on the outside looking in.
Mordecai is a 1 year guy if I'm correct. Redshirted in 2018, Played in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022. 2020 didn't count. Evers and Locke are both Redshirt Freshmen this fall if I'm correct with 4 years to play. Wolf is also in last year. Wolf is also from Cinci, so likely a recruiting relationship with some of the coaches that came over from Cinci.

If NCAA tightens down on transfer waivers, guys will have to start sitting if they transfer a 2nd time.

Top Bottom