All Things Tennis 2023

Solid career, loved him some 7-6 sets, he’ll always be remembered for 70-68.

Go Isner!!

Jack Sock also announcing his retirement after the Open. Sock battled some injuries and lack of focus which derailed him from reaching his potential in singles, he did with 4 Slams and medaled at the Olympics in doubles.

Cool to see he and Isner playing dubs at the Open one last time:

Before he retires from professional tennis, former Top 10 player John Isner is playing at the US Open one last time—and for the first time since 2009, that'll include doubles. He and partner Jack Sock are among the 14 pairs who've received a wild card to play in the 2023 US Open men’s and women's doubles draw.

Isner and Sock have paired up in recent years on the ATP Tour, and have won four Masters 1000 tournaments together: Shanghai in 2016, Indian Wells in 2018 and 2022, and the Miami Open in 2022.

Go Jack Sock!!

Gauff I was playing with fire early on against Maertens, losing the first set 6-3. She was close to being broken early in the second as well but after fighting it off she took all the momentum.

Djokovic looking strangely lethargic against his countrymen Djere

There could be two very exciting matches on Sunday, hopefully both back to back on Ashe at night. First Woz v Gauff followed by Tommy Paul and Ben Shelton, a battle of two fast rising Americans. I can’t wait!

Go USA!!

Well, Djokovic lost the first two sets took a medical time out, came back and steamrolled Djere. Djere played really well in the first two and just couldn't maintain. He had a few approach shots that he hid into the net that just really seemed to deflate him.

Good on Woz for making it this far and taking the second set but Gauff just absolutely crushed her in the third. Hope Gauff can keep that level of play going.

Good on Woz for making it this far and taking the second set but Gauff just absolutely crushed her in the third. Hope Gauff can keep that level of play going.
Coco told her coaches to pipe down and immediately went on a rampage.

Three American men in the Quarters and we’re guaranteed to have 1 in the semis! Shelton had one of the best service games you’ll ever see at 3-1 in the 3rd, 3 aces and 1 serve unreturned with 2 of the aces at 149!

The Shelton/Tiafoe match better be a nighttime Ashe match.

Go USA!!

Three American men in the Quarters and we’re guaranteed to have 1 in the semis! Shelton had one of the best service games you’ll ever see at 3-1 in the 3rd, 3 aces and 1 serve unreturned with 2 of the aces at 149!

The Shelton/Tiafoe match better be a nighttime Ashe match.
It’s called the US Open, right?

shelton tiafoe will be 🔥🎾

Obviously I would be thrilled to see an American win but I must say I'm saddened that Jabeur and Swiatek are out. Between Swiatek's Led Zeppelin fandom and Jabeur doing shit like this they are easy to root for.

Sinner and Zverev are just smashing the ball back and forth at each other.

That was not the Tiafoe we're used to seeing in the fourth set. He looked physically and mentally drained

That was not the Tiafoe we're used to seeing in the fourth set. He looked physically and mentally drained
BS is a gunslinger! Two doubles to give a set point? No problem. Then blows him away in the 4th.

Go Maddie Keys!!

I was shocked at how Tiafoe rolled over in the 4th. The 3rd was strange with so many service breaks, and the tie-break was just wild. Back to back double faults, followed up by one of the most daring and bold service returns you'll ever see with that much on the line?! Wow!!

Both Tiafoe and Shelton are exactly what American men's tennis needs. I really hope both are mainstays in the Top 10 for years to come and one of the two can soon break the dry spell of an American man winning a Slam. But it won't be this year, no one is beating Novak outside of Alcaraz.

Go USA!!

Wow 6-0 for Keys in the first. Going to be really interesting to see how Sabalenka comes out in the second.

Wow 6-0 for Keys in the first. Going to be really interesting to see how Sabalenka comes out in the second.

Keys played a brilliant first set and nearly a very good second set but this loss will sting for a long long time. Up 5-3 in the second including 5-4 with the serve and she lost 11 straight points and played an awful tie break. She may never get this good of a chance to win a Major.

Sure hoping Coco can bring it home on Saturday!

Go Coco!!

This is like an extended workout session for Djokovic, barely sweating vs Shelton.

Go USA!!

Top Bottom